New Website Style Being Made

• Please stand by.

The Longest Journey Chapter 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rachel Skymoon

House of the Rising Sun
Legendary Creature
*Not far off, Rachel is asleep under the cool canopy of a golden apple tree. Her ears twitch as the seabreeze brushes her short black locks,"

*At her side, there sits a smal fox cub. His red coat shimmering in the sun. His blue eyes scanning the line where the sky meets the sea .*

"Julian?"

*The Cub's ears straighten at his mistress's call.*

"Lady Skymoon! At last, you are wakened!"

*Rachel's eyelids part slowly as she sits up, but her eyes see nothing around her *

She hurriedly feels around the ground at her side for something that she knows should have jingled the second she awoke. Her hand brushes a thin metal chain.*

Last edited:
Even though Rachel cannot see, she knows she has found what she sought. At the end of the chain, there hangs a delicate metal key whose top is adorned with a bright golden star. The Star is encircled by a Ruby red hoop and two small silver wings.

"Thank the Seasons....If they had taken it, I'd surely have been finished.":

Rachel can tell that her pet's gaze is upon her. He knows exactly what she means.

"The Ruby Scepter is all that keeps you alive in the absence of The Holy Instrument." said He.

Last edited:
"Exactly." She nods. "For how long? I cannot say,but nothing will change by just sitting here. Go, find Ari and Epona."

"At once, Mistress. " He answers. I shan't be long. *

The young kit races up the slope from the coast and into the forest, his jeweled collar glinting in the sun He scans the treetops for the bright yellow eyes of a great horned owl.

"Archimedes Goldeneye, Where are you?" Our mistress awakens and calls you!"

All st once, a blur whizzes over Julian's head and lands beside him.

Julian looks the winged creature up and down as she begins preening .

"I did not intend to ruffle your feathers.""

Ari chuckles with her melodic hoots, assuring the young fox that she is not at all rattled.

"Hoo-hoo, what shall I do?"

"Return to Lady Skymoon while I go on and find Epona." said Julian. "She will need us all to be her eyes for now."

The horned owl takes to the air and glides back along the path that her friend had just run. She finds Rachel leaning upon a thick branch of drift wood. She hoots out from Rachel's left and lands gingerly on the elf's shoulder.

Rachel smiles, feeling soft feathers brushing her cheek.

"I've missed you all." "But I can't remember anything before this place....Thank the Seasons that you were able to keep near me In spite of."

"Hoooo, we wont leave you!"

Last edited:
Their conversation is abruptly interrupted by a soft galloping sound. Ari blinks as a chestnut blaze mare with a black mane appears. She walks softly over to Rachel.

"We've returned, Lady Skymoon,"

*Rachel nods*

*Well done, all of you, I beseech you however, please do not think less of me now that my sight has left."

"NEVER!" cries the trio.

"You weren't to blame , Mistress. " explains Epona,

"Hoo-hoo, too true!" agrees Ari

Last edited:
Rachel smiles and thanks her comrades. Having said, she also realizes that only by virtue of the Ocarina's power, She needs to bear great responsibility. After all, her loved ones had all fought and died for it.

She moves carefully and slowly toward Epona, feels her way along the saddle and climbs up. Epona stands perfectly still as her master sits firmly before turning to walk. On the way into the forest, e mare explains that she had seen an inn not far from the clearing where Julian had met up with her. Before she could say another word, an earsplitting boom shakes everything around them. The air then fills with what sounds like a rushing waterfall.

Rachel tightens her grip on Epona's reins.

"Yah!"

The horse opens into a full sprint that lasts three to four minutes before she calls out that they are all safe.

Last edited:
*Rachel hears the creek of a hinge and quick, wet sloshing of either boots or leather shoes *

"Are you In need of aid?" A female voice asks loudly.

"Yes!" Rachel answers. " I have lost my sight!" "My animals need shelter!"

Rachel then hears another set of footsteps. Definitely boots this time. She feels a pair of strong, work-worn hands lift her out of Epona's saddle.

"Let's get you inside Lass." said a deep voice. No need to worry about walking." "We've got enough room for your mount in the side stable. Your other beasts can come inside with you."

Last edited:
"Thank you," says. Rachel.

*Within minutes. she feels herself resting on a soft chair and covered with an even softer blanket. She hears the rain beating down on the roof of the inn and the thunder seeming to get louder. The hair on the back of her neck prickles as it uncurls.*

"That storm is not natural." says She. "It was no more than an hour ago that everything seemed peaceful."

Last edited:
The female voice from earlier, having introduced herself as Roanoke, agrees.

"Weren't it?" "I've not seen Blood Thunder like this my twin brother Nicholas and I were children."

*The words Blood Thunder cause a chill to race up Rachel's spine.*

"There, there," said Roanoke. "Now, let's have a look at those eyes of yours." "Hmmmm, looks like a scar dead center of the pupils." "Can you recall how it happened?"

"Sadly, no," says The young Elf. "Nor how I found myself washed up upon that coastline yonder."

"Well, one of my special poultices will heal your sight. Your memories? . Afraid not."

*Rachel nods understandingly, feeling a warm cloth lowered across her eyes. Roanoke then explains that Rachel will need to wear the poultice until the next nightfall.*

Last edited:
*Between Julian and Archimedes, Rachel manages to learn her way around the inn while the medicine heals her eyes. In the meantime, her thoughts keep returning to the sudden storm that chased them here.

"As far as I can discern, Tis only a random inn ...": Rachel thinks.

*The.next 24 hours pass like an eternity, but soon enough, Roanoke informs Rachel that it is time to remove the poultice. She carefully peels it away and washes the area around Rachel's eyes. Slowly....ever so slowly...her field of view turns from hazy to crystal clear.*

"Praise The Seasons !" The Elf cries. "I can see again!" "Thank you, Roanoke!'
"No worries, M'dear, " answered the innkeeper. "But if you're thinking of traveling....."

*CRASH!!!!!!*

"I wouldn't......"

*The pair looks out a nearby window as wind rattles the rafters. The sky is as black as night despite the time being just past noon. Sharp lightning resembling red flames splits the sky.*

Last edited:
*Within her head, a voice answers, "because it was foretold long ago, child. You have seen it within your deepest visions." "Remember.......remember as you awken, lest The Deadly Silence appears." "Awaken to remember. Remember to Awaken!"

*All at once, Rachel's field of.vision fills with blue and purple light. Within that light, she sees familiar memories. Chatting and laughing with comrades, a feeling of home. One word spills from her trembling lips as the visions end and tears stream down her face.*

"Brother...."

Roanoke looks puzzled as Rachel starts to explain.

"The only thing is, if what happened to him was the same, he'll not recognize me."
"That bond would be painful to lose and without it, I can never find the treasure that was taken from my family."

Last edited:
"Treasure?"

*Rachel nods*

"It is a very powerful and ancient. musical instrument used by my people for prayer and healing." "One cold Autumn night, our camp was awakened and stormed by a horde of Darkness worshippers."

""You speak with the only survivor of that attack. The other 499 of my loved ones and friends shed their blood."

Last edited:
"There were five-hundred of you?! and you were defeated?!"

*Rachel's ears droop.*

We weren't trained warriors, Roanoke, Our destined lot in these realms was to heal and protect."

"I believe you, friend Skymoon. It is only that it seems there must have been more to it than a random seige." Treasures down through the ages have been plundered for far less brutality than what you suffered."

Last edited:
"There is more to it." "They brought with them a strength...a violent anger that was far beyond any defensive spells we were able to muster....."

*Rachel suddenly feels her heart pound and pain burning through her temples.*

*She swoons as a wave of weakness washes through her. She crumples to a heap on the floor, the last thing she hears is Roanoke 's scream.*

**Time around Rachel seems to freeze...**

"What.....?!"

"Lady Skymoon! Help!"

*Julian!?" "Ari?!"

"Key of the Star ...RELEASE!!!!!!!!!"

*In the light of the Ruby Scepter, Rachel beholds her comrades being tortured by someone in a hooded cloak. Without another word, She raises her weapon *

"I call upon the power of The Stars!
Ancient forces near and far!
Elemental Fire, heed my plight...
Channel your power through my Light!!"

"SEARING PAIN!!!!!!"

Streams of fire erupt from the Scepter's Star, The cloaked one howls and let's go of Rachel's animals."

"̴̠̕W̶̲̋e̷͇̊ ̷̛̙w̷̦͐i̵̟̒l̶̯͑l̶̫̄ ̵̟̊c̸̹̏o̷͚̅ḿ̶͍e̴͚̔ ̶̗͐ḟ̴̭ö̶̘́r̶̩̀ ̷̤͂ẙ̴̝ȏ̴̖u̸͈̕!̵͍̂!̴̝̌"̷̣͛

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Missions Statement

LarpCraft aims to help the users and the industry foster sustainable larp games through communication, interaction, and obtainable objectives.

Website Rules

Treat each other with respect, only roleplay in the roleplay forums for each system.

Join Our Social Media Channels!

Back