Skymoon Adventure

Rachel Skymoon

Trusted Account
Feb 19, 2020
Rachel's mouth goes dry.

He's been possessed! Get those two out of here!

The innkeeper helps the two bar maids to their feet and gets them out of the room. The door slams shut behind them.

She stares down Artenen, Her eyes gazing squarely into the deadpan hollows across from her. At this point, she doesn't care if he's armed.

She marches toward him, unafraid. An unknown ancient chant on her tongue as her talisman shines.

Lux, spem est: aperi cor Speculum est scriptor!!!

The light from the talisman strikes Artenen between the eyes, and for a moment, their minds are bound. One. As if looking in a mirror. Images of robed figures standing around the bed pass between the two. One image stands out to Rachel. It is of a figure holding a silver, octagon-shaped locket and casting a chant over an unconscious Artenen, The Serpentine inscription on the front of the locket glows dark purple.

Artenen's eyes, though still normal color, are devoid of the light and hope that always shone through as he stands up. He is now only dimly aware as he watches the figures leave out the window.

The visions end with this as Artenen is trying to swipe at Rachel. She dodges and dives toward the bowl with the antidote. Julian bites his hand, making him drop the sword. Rachel pins down Aetenen and pours the still steaming liquid down his throat.

Please...let this work....

Last edited:

Rachel Skymoon

Trusted Account
Feb 19, 2020
Rachel begins weeping.

Please...no....BROTHER!!!!

It can't end this way...I need you!!

I call upon the Power of the Stars! Help me restore this fallen soul!!!

Rachel forms an orb of pure light and presses it against Artenen's heart. She concentrates so hard that she feels her soul split in two, She faints just as the orb enters him.

Last edited:

Rachel Skymoon

Trusted Account
Feb 19, 2020
In the same deep sleep, the two halves of Rachel Skymoon search for Brother Aeolus. She can sense him, but can't call out to him. Panic rises.

Last edited:

Artenen

Artenen Aeolus House of the Iron Ring
Staff member
Feb 19, 2020
Kiel, WI
Artenen walks up slowly and slowly sits up. As his vision comes to, he sees it's mid day outside. He looks down and sees he's naked. Then he sees Skymoon next to him and wonders what happened last night!

well, she has her clothing on so so not much apparently.. he thinks to himself. Artenen looks over Rachel and sees her eyes moving in the back of her head.

Well, she must be dreaming?

Artenen carefully lies Rachel on his bed, then gets dressed.

He looks around the room and doesn't really notice anything different except his sword is unsheathed and there's blood on it. Artenen dips his finger in the blood and tastes it.

Fox blood eh? I see no fox or hair here...

Artenen looks confused

Why does my mouth taste of copper...

Just then Rachel screams out scaring the devil out of Artenen

Rachel, can you hear me? He says close by her side...

Rachel Skymoon

Trusted Account
Feb 19, 2020
Rachel tries hard to open her eyes from the deep sleep. Her vision slowly clears and Artenen's face comes into view.

Thank the Seasons!!! She hugs him.

She slowly and carefully explains everything that had happened. Even going so far as showing him the parchment receipt from Hollywynder's.

In short, I Thought I had killed you with that antidote. Forgive me---

A sudden wave of dizziness comes over Rachel and she swoons falling back against the pillows. Her physical strength and magical powers completely sapped.

The Key of the Star flickers dimly and fades, going cold and limp.

Last edited:

Artenen

Staff member
Feb 19, 2020
Kiel, WI
Artenen realizes there is little time and sweeps Rachel Skymoon up in his arms and then swiftly runs out of the inn and down to the local temple. Artenen kicks the door in and places Rachel on the Altar. He draws a small silver blade out of his side armor and calls upon the blade to harness the powers of Jerel, the blade glows blue and then Artenen stabs Rachel with it in her side. Shortly thereafter, the blade turns dark and starts draining black blood on the floor.

Looks like we got to this in time Rachel. That black blood I haven't seen in many ages.

Rachel begins to breathe slowly and weakly. Artenen removes the knife and bandages the wound, then takes Rachel back to the inn and places her in his bed to rest.

Now, we wait animals and see if she comes back to us.

As the night draws near, there is a beautiful sunset over the water... the winds are calm and the cool summer breeze gently enters the room moving the white curtain lazily. Artenen falls asleep in the chair next to Rachel.

• Love
Reactions: Rachel Skymoon

Rachel Skymoon

Trusted Account
Feb 19, 2020
Rachel is lost in the dark space behind her eyelids. Mocking voices haunt her, laughing and cursing her.

YOU ARE A FOOL, RACHEL SKYMOON, YOU BELIEVE TOO WHOLLY IN THE GOOD, YOU CHOOSE SACRIFICE OVER SELF PRESERVATION. BUT NOW THAT YOU HAVE TOUCHED EVIL, THAT WHICH YOU SEEK WILL NO LONGER HEAR YOUR CRYING. SOON YOU WILL LOSE EVERYTHING.

The voices suddenly cease as a sharp pain rips Rachel's focus away from the darkness.

She wakes, her eyesight dim and blurry.

Brother...? She murmurs softly.

Ari lets out a hoot, waking Artenen, drawing him to Rachel's bedside.

Brother.....I feel so weak....

Last edited:

Artenen

Staff member
Feb 19, 2020
Kiel, WI
You almost crossed over there for a moment. Rest, I'll take care of you and get you back to health so we can continue.

Rachel keeps mending with Artenen's help. Artenen pays for a month at the inn and over the course of a month, Rachel is almost fully healed. Through their time at the inn, they make friends, learn trade routes, and learn of the local enemies and troublemakers.

• Love
Reactions: Rachel Skymoon

Rachel Skymoon

Trusted Account
Feb 19, 2020
Rachel is beyond grateful for Brother Aeolus's help. She continues growing stronger at his side. Not just her physical healing, Her inner light also begins to return. Even the Key she wears seems to shine and blaze brighter. She feels Artenen's power uniting with her own. He IS the courage she'll need on her journeys.

Last edited:

Lita DarkWind

Feb 20, 2020
The Brown bat's eyes blink in the faint glow of his Mistress's portal. He now knows the truth about the heart of ManaSoul and the final curse that had been placed on its core. The webbing between his wings tingles as a dark purple flash fills the shadowed chamber. Three hooded figures step forward and kneel as Lita greets them.

D̶o̸ ̷y̶o̸u̵ ̸h̶a̵v̴e̴ ̵i̸t̵?̵

Without a word, they hold out the item she had tasked them to retrieve.

locket.jpg

̶E̵x̴c̵e̷l̵l̷e̵n̷t̵,̶ ̵ ̴T̶h̶e̸ ̷L̴i̸g̶h̸t̸W̸a̶l̶k̷e̴r̸ ̵w̷i̷l̵l̴ ̴h̶a̷v̷e̵ ̸n̸o̴ ̷i̷d̷e̴a̵!̵

Lita takes the locket, running the delicate metal chain through her fingers as she brings it to her ear. There are two sounds inside. The first, a clear, high-pitched tone as from that of a small bell. The second, a dull monotone buzz.

She brings forward a frosted crystal basin with thick midnight black liquid and dips the locket inside. The aura around the trinket changes from purple, to green, to deep crimson. She listens again. The high tone is no more and only the dull drone is left, She then places the locket around the neck of the skeleton of the cave creature. Its eyes glow reddish-black. Lita instructs the abomination to go forward, twisting the hearts of the world.

̶B̵e̷i̶n̸g̷ ̸m̷e̶ ̷ ̶t̴h̸e̶ ̴s̸o̴u̴l̶s̴ ̵t̴i̴e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̸ ̵t̶h̴e̵ ̴h̸a̶l̶l̶o̴w̶e̵d̴ ̸p̷o̸w̵e̷r̸s̶!̵

Not long after, Lita returns to portal gazing, when something catches her attention. Upon a grey stretch of rocky beach there is an old Snakewillow tree.

I know that place! Ivan squeaked excitedly. But after all this time, you think it's still there?

I̶t̴ ̵w̷i̸l̸l̶ ̸b̷e̸.̷ ̸ ̸I̶t̷ ̴m̶u̶s̵t̶.̵ She said.̶ H̴e̸ ̴w̴a̴s̶ ̸f̶a̴r̷ ̸t̷o̸o̸ ̴d̴i̴m̶w̶i̸t̷t̸e̶d̴ ̶t̷o̴ ̸h̶a̵v̶e̷ ̸d̸e̸s̶t̷r̷o̶y̸e̵d̶ ̷i̶t̶ ̵t̵h̵e̵n̵,̶ ̶ ̷l̶e̶t̶ ̵a̴l̵o̷n̴e̷ ̴r̸e̸a̸l̶i̷z̴e̶d̵ ̶i̵t̶ ̸w̷a̶s̴ ̸t̸i̷e̷d̴ ̴t̷o̴ ̶ ̷t̶h̷e̷ ̷o̶t̶h̷e̸r̸ ̴r̷e̸l̵i̵c̴.̷

Without another word, Lita uses one of her knives to cut through the space of the dead into the land of the living. She digs through the sand at the foot of the tree, Her hand grasps a serpentine wooden handle. She pulls it up and a round, gray ashen skull beams at her.

Dark energy rises skyward from it, then showers down around her, Maniacal laughter erupts on the wind as the visage of the skull draped by its serpents appears in the late afternoon sky. Lita's powers grow. She and Ivan disappear,

Last edited: