Skymoon Adventure

Rachel Skymoon

Trusted Account
Feb 19, 2020
Rachel catches up and walks with Brother to make certain he doesn't trip over himself, then gives him privacy.. As she waits, She catches something odd out of the corner of her eye. A tall figure in a gray cloak seemingly watching her. Rachel slowly turns away...only to find herself practically nose to nose with the stranger, frozen in place and rendered mute.

After gazing squarely at Rachel, the Stranger places a tied black bundle in her hands.

images.jpg

Rachel looks at the bundle, and finds a small label attached to one of the cords. Her name is on the label with Brother Aeolus's.

The Stranger speaks with the coo of a dove and the sigh of a Spring wind as they explain what they had given her .

"These are gifts, treasures of power tied to the precious item thou seekest."

"One alone will not achieve the defeat of Silence. Share the powers with he that watcheth over you.
When...disaster befalls the world....use these to find us....Little One."

As quickly as the stranger appeared, they vanish in a swirl of green light. Rachel swoons and blacks out. She awakes minutes later to the sight of a worried, if still somewhat inebriated, Brother Aeolus kneeling at her side.

Last edited:

Artenen

Artenen Aeolus House of the Iron Ring
Staff member
Feb 19, 2020
Kiel, WI
The heat of the night is too much for a drunken Aeolus. Artenen stagers to the beach and, with armor on, begins to walk into the water.

This HEAT! I need to cool myself by the water for a while!

Rachel Skymoon

Trusted Account
Feb 19, 2020
What in the name of the Seasons do you think you're doing?! You'll drown your fool self! Rachel uses a blue spell orb to part the waters. She then guides Artenen back to the beach, rips off his helm and proceeds to literally knock some sense into him, despite his being more than twice her size.

Last edited:

Rachel Skymoon

Trusted Account
Feb 19, 2020
OH NOW YOU'RE ASKING FOR IT!!! The Elf forms a water spout and lifts the drunken sailor out of the water, spinning him around til he's near seasick before setting him down.

Last edited:

Rachel Skymoon

Trusted Account
Feb 19, 2020
NO! I had to use my water magic to keep you from DROWNING! Great Seasons, Brother! What WERE you drinking?!

Artenen

Staff member
Feb 19, 2020
Kiel, WI
I don't know, but it was delicious. Want to go get more?

starts walking to the inn

Rachel Skymoon

Trusted Account
Feb 19, 2020
I think I'll have some tea and honey instead.

Rachel starts to tell him about the strange encounter she had, but thinks better of it, deciding to wait until his head clears.

Rachel Skymoon

Trusted Account
Feb 19, 2020
Rachel, fully aware that Drunktenen would play tricks, uses her magic to remove the liquor from the drink. For all she knows, it might light her ears on fire.

I'm heading to bed before you try something else insane. Then tomorrow, we are having a very LONG conversation.

Last edited:

Rachel Skymoon

Trusted Account
Feb 19, 2020
Rachel heads upstairs to her room and walks over to the edge of the bed. She sits down beside her sleeping fox cub. He opens one eye and twitches an ear.

Yeesh!

More Shenanigans?

Great Seasons, yes! Lummox tried to go swimming with his armor on! Would have drowned if not for my water spells, and mind, not even a Thank you Then he had the gall to try and have my toddy spiked with this.

Rachel pulls a potion vial from her robe sleeve. It contained the liquor that she had managed to magically expel from her tea before she'd drunk it.

Julian looks at the clear liquid in the vial.

What is it?

The elf shrugs, reckoning that if it were strong enough to make Brother Aeolus act the way he did...She leaves the thought unfinished, trying not to let it betray her faith in him.

After all, imperfect though he is, he is still pure in heart, He is all that tethers her to the light. These thoughts turn over in her head as she beds down. However, sleep evades the young sorceress, leading her to toss and turn while assailed by horrid demonic visions.

Last edited:

Artenen

Staff member
Feb 19, 2020
Kiel, WI
Artenen continues to drink in the Inn. The laughing and singing can be heard throughout most of the nearby village. Artenen gleefully socializes and learns people's names, asks about their life, and relates with his stories as appropriate.

The sun begins to light up the horizon and Artenen makes his way to his room still singing merrily down the hall with a few of the bar wenches. The door closes and the singing stops abruptly as it slams shut.

Rachel Skymoon

Trusted Account
Feb 19, 2020
Rachel rolls over and buries her head in her pillow. Something is wrong with all of this. She wants nothing more now than to hope she's overreacting. Not even the unopened gift pouch on her nightstand can ease her.

No, I must do something. There's too much at stake for to carry on without him.

After quietly getting up, dressing and collecting her belongings, Rachel exits her room. She tiptoes a few feet to Brother Aeolus's door and presses an ear to it. Nothing. Dead quiet. Not even a snore. Now she KNOWS something is the foot here. Despite this, she thinks better of barging in.

She turns away, goes back to her door and motions for Julian and Ari to join her before heading down stairs. The innkeeper is still tidying up after the previous night. Rachel bids him good morrow and then tells him that if anyone asks, she'll be back in five minutes.

Leaving the inn, she makes her way along the street for about a block before stopping in front of a dusty window filled with potion vials. The sign above the window reads:

HOLLYWYNDER'S--MAKERS OF PREMIUM POTIONS SINCE 382 PGD.. (Post Great Disaster)

Good a place as any to start. Julian remarks

Rachel And Ari agree and they enter the little stone building.

Almost immediately, they are greeted by a tall, elderly gentleman in a long green robe and pointed purple cap. His face, framed by white hair, is creased by wrinkles. About 70 years worth. He peers at Rachel and her pets over a pair of perfectly round spectacles. His silver eyes twinkle as he welcomes them.

What can I do for you today, m'arm?

Rachel gets right to brass tacks, showing Mr. Hollywynder the vial of liquid she'd saved. After giving it a sniff, the potion-maker responds:

Elderberry...walnut bark and lavender with a hint of corn silk.... No doubt about it, this is The Drunkard's Draught. Powerful concoction. Alters the mind in simple moderation. Lethal if consumed in excess..

Rachel gulps.

I was afraid you'd say that, Mr. Hollywynder.

She then explains Brother Aeolus's antics the previous afternoon and evening.

Merlin's whiskers! That's at least four or five tankards worth!

The old man hurries to and fro grabbing vials from shelves and mixing the powders they contain.
He hands Rachel a small burlap pouch.

Have the Innkeeper make broth and stir these powders into it. Make sure Artenen drinks it!!!

Rachel nods, thanks the old apothecary and returns to the Fairweather Inn. It is her good fortune that a pot of broth is already bubbling away on the wood stove. She asks the Innkeeper for a bowl and adds the contents of the pouch to it. He then goes with her back up to Brother's room to help her get the antidote in him.

Fight like hell after one sip of this, he will, and no mistake. Old Sir Hollywynder''s mixes aren't exactly known for being tasty. Aeolus must've really had you worried if you thought to go to him.

He surely did. Rachel nods. I've seen him drunk before, but nothing like last night on the beach. I wouldn't have been all that bothered except he couldn't tell me what he'd been drinking and yet wanted more.

The pair stops outside Brother's door, the smell of liquor still pungent. Before she can even allow herself a chance of doubt, she knocks.

Brother? She calls

Still hearing nothing, She turns the handle and creeps inside, the Innkeeper with the steaming broth on her heels. Immediately, she sees the two bar maids huddled in the corner, their eyes wide as saucers. Artenen is staring blankly out the open window.

Last edited:

Artenen

Staff member
Feb 19, 2020
Kiel, WI
Artenen, stark naked and white as a ghost, stands by the window and says...

Non videtur luna in multis diebus. Est lux tenebris.

He takes his sword and unsheaths it as if to strike at anyone close. The sword sings in a dark drone. Blood drips from the blade out of nowhere...

• Love
Reactions: Rachel Skymoon