Skymoon Adventure

Artenen

Artenen Aeolus House of the Iron Ring
Staff member
Feb 19, 2020
Kiel, WI
Artenen looks dumbly at Rachel and slowly bring up the Flint rocks then smiles

What's wrong with doing that the old-fashioned way? Haha!

Artenen effortlessly strikes the flint to light the torches and oil lamps on the wagon then begins to travel into the tunnel holding the reins of the horse and leading with a torch.

• Love
Reactions: Rachel Skymoon

Rachel Skymoon

Trusted Account
Feb 19, 2020
Rachel shrugs, returning the smile he gave her. She sits back and enjoys the ride.

Last edited:

Artenen

Staff member
Feb 19, 2020
Kiel, WI
Just after entering the tunnel, the light at the other end seems to go dark. A foul wind blows across the wagon, one that smells like death and rot. The horses become frightened but there's no room to turn around.

Ready your weapons Lady Skymoon, battle is upon us!

Artenen draws his bastard sword and guides the reins with the other hand. Slowly walking the horses further into the darkness by the light of the torches on the wagon.

A very low tone breathing noise can be heard getting closer as can the dragging of a leg limb in what sounds like a shambling walk.

Artenen shouts

"Ye, the damned shall cross this plain no longer. Prepare to be sent to the underverse!"

The breathing entity shouts back

"tre͡a̛c̸he̢ry͝ ̨yo̶u͜'v͢e ͟g̀i̸v͟en̵ t̸h҉e f̴al̵l҉en̶, ͞ ̛al̀l͘ ͝s̴ha̴l͢l̀ be҉ r͠e̶v̀e̡a͡l̶e͝d."

Artenen lets go of the horses who are now frozen in their tracks and won't budge anyway

"Back to the depths from once you came!" Artenen shouted

Artenen begins running into the darkness without a torch sword drawn and in a high guard slashes at what he thinks is the being, to which his mighty blow makes full contact and slices the creature from under arm torso clear down to the opposite hip. Blood sprays everywhere and the creature gives out its last breath as it succumbs to its wounds.

Artenen walks back to the wagon, covered in blood and with a smile on his bloody face, the torch light glistened off him.

Well, that was an adventure it would seem. That foul thing was sliced like a hot knife through butter, ha! I feel bad for this torchered soul.

• Love

Rachel Skymoon

Trusted Account
Feb 19, 2020
Rachel waves her scepter and it returns to its talisman form, a key adorned with a bright golden Star.

Tis true you did well, Brother, but now that it's begun, Evil will shadow us. From here on, we'll be marching toward that one tomorrow when Darkness far deeper than that abomination will fall upon us and in order to see it defeated, we'll need a strength that surpasses the ways of the sword.

Rachel then proceeds to help wash the creature's blood from Brother Aeolus's face and hands.

Last edited:

Artenen

Staff member
Feb 19, 2020
Kiel, WI
Maybe, maybe not. There's no telling what this will bring. Maybe that was the last of the filth. We have no choice but to carry on.

After washing up, Artenen removes his armor and changes. At the end of the tunnel, he sets the blood-soaked clothing in a pile and burns it. The wagon continues on the road.

• Love

Rachel Skymoon

Trusted Account
Feb 19, 2020
Quietly, Rachel agrees, letting her protector have his shining moment, but her heart reasons more.

Seventeen years of the same nightmare have to mean something.....

Last edited:

Lita DarkWind

Feb 20, 2020
Meanwhile.....in the shadows of an old, Ramshackle stone temple situated in the center of the Underverse, a young practitioner of the Dark Arts named Lita Darkwind, watches the realms of the living through her portal. Though most of what she sees is enough to make her blood boil, She can't help being amused by the smug attitude of the armored sailor as he went against the creature in the tunnel.

H̷u̶m̷a̵n̶s̷.̷.̴.̵s̵u̶c̴h̷ ̷d̶e̸l̵i̸g̶h̴t̵f̸u̴l̴l̷y̶ ̷s̶t̵u̴b̵b̷o̶r̸n̵ ̷c̶r̴e̴a̸t̶u̸r̴e̷s̷. S̸o̶ ̴n̴a̵i̴v̴e̷,̶ ̶ ̶s̴o̸ ̷b̵l̷i̷n̵d̵e̶d̵ ̷b̸y̷ ̶t̶h̶e̴i̶r̴ ̴f̵u̷t̵i̶l̷e̵ ̷h̴o̴p̵e̴ ̸f̴o̷r̸ ̴a̶ ̴b̸r̶i̴g̶h̴t̷ ̸a̶n̵d̸ ̶h̴a̸p̴p̶y̷ ̴f̵u̵t̴u̸r̴e̵.̴, i̶t̸ ̵c̸a̵n̸ ̶a̸l̴l̷ ̷b̵e̸ ̸s̶t̸r̶i̵p̷p̵e̷d̷ ̸a̶w̴a̸y̷ ̴a̷n̷d̶ ̴t̵h̵e̴y̵'̵l̶l̶ ̴s̵t̶i̷l̴l̴ ̴h̵o̷p̵e̷.

Lita waves her hands around the portal and the slaughtered remains of the creature return to her.

Last edited:

Rachel Skymoon

Trusted Account
Feb 19, 2020
Let's keep moving... To be completely honest, I am not settled enough in mind or heart to think of resting....

I am afraid.

Last edited:

Artenen

Staff member
Feb 19, 2020
Kiel, WI
Worry not, we will be fine. Alright, then, let's keep moving.

Into the darkness the wagon went. Following the trail through Hordes Bay. As night fell on the forest, many animal sounds could be heard.

Well, it's certainly an active night in these woods.

Artenen puts his armor back on

Rachel Skymoon

Trusted Account
Feb 19, 2020
Rachel nods. Checking the pair of knives that she keeps up her robe sleeves.

Ari, Keep your eyes open. Julian, same with your ears.

Last edited:

Artenen

Staff member
Feb 19, 2020
Kiel, WI
On the right side of the wagon, a glowing red seems to be coming from inside for forest, much like fire but without the smoke

What do you suppose that red is? I've never seen anything like It before. Should we keep going or take a look?

• Love

Rachel Skymoon

Trusted Account
Feb 19, 2020
Hmmm.... It looks out of place here. Let us stick together. All at once, Rachel's talisman shimmers, revealing her scepter. WITHOUT her doing a thing.

Right...

Takes hold of it and walks along beside Brother Aeolus. When we reach the source of the glow, we discover a very large pit. from which three ENORMOUS snakes emerge and strike.

Look out!!!

Rachel leaps out of the way, raises her scepter and summons roots up from the ground to smother two of the serpents. She then helps Brother Aeolus as he runs the last one through with his sword. The glow from the pit then rises toward the sky, make the shape of a snake in the stars.

Last edited:

Rachel Skymoon

Trusted Account
Feb 19, 2020
Leave it to me!

I call upon the power of The Stars! Ancient Forces near and far! Elemental Earth, heed my plight...Channel your powers through my Light!

Soil and Stone I command ye! Seal this evil portal for all eternity!!

The powers of Earth flow through Rachel and her scepter, Filling in the pit and leaving it as if nothing had been there. She then places the drawing a star over the pit to complete the seal.

Rachel steps back and wipes the sweat from her brow.

Last edited:

Artenen

Staff member
Feb 19, 2020
Kiel, WI
Artenen looks on with astonishment

A mighty sorcerer you are Lady Skymoon! Looks like all is well, let's head back to the wagon and get to the village before first light.

• Love