Skymoon Adventure

Rachel Skymoon

Trusted Account
Feb 19, 2020
Sitting by the campfire brushing the knots out of Julian's fur

Great Seasons! If you're going to keep coming back in this state, I'll have to make you some armor when you go foraging. Honestly, I should have gone with Yo-yo-ACHOOO!!

Ugh... sniff

Julian shakes his head.

You are safer here, M'lady. At least until the flowers bloom. The Winter still has his claws in these woods.

Last edited:

Rachel Skymoon

Trusted Account
Feb 19, 2020
Me? Nothing. Julian on the other hand... who knows? I only sent him out to gather some herbs for tea and he comes back looking like this!

Scratches her little fox between the ears before shooing him off to bed..

Stares into the fire..

Brother...Could I talk with you?

Last edited:

Artenen

Artenen Aeolus House of the Iron Ring
Staff member
Feb 19, 2020
Kiel, WI
Artenen goes to the wagon and pours 2 cups of ale and brings them over to the fire, then hands one to Rachel.

Here, my top brew. What's on your mind?

Artenen hands over the drink, sits on a plank chair

Rachel Skymoon

Trusted Account
Feb 19, 2020
Thanks Brother Aeolus for the drink and sips it.

My nightmares have returned....the ones about the night my clan was killed...and the treasure was taken. I can still see it all. The camp being ransacked. Everyone I knew being slain... and I did nothing. Nothing but hide!

pauses to take another sip. I keep my gaze fixed on the flames, but my voice starts to shake.

Father always told me that it was my destiny to carry and use The Ocarina to bring peace across all time, just as those before me had done. At the end of every nightmare, a dark voice taunts me. It tells me that everyone around me now will die because I failed and lost the treasure that everyone died to protect.

I worry that the voice is right.

Sits quietly, not daring to meet Brother Aeolus's gaze for fear of rebuke.

Artenen

Staff member
Feb 19, 2020
Kiel, WI
Artenen nods slowly as he sips his brew while continuing to gaze into the hot, roaring fire

As a simple sailor who has a knack for serving with force, I know of no such powers that can work with music. Then again, I know of few things beyond my own eyes. Jerel has always been a stark and wondrous place, full of adventure and exploration. Here on the Horde Bay we have our fair share of action, but overall it's a fairly peaceful lands I think. It's nice to get out of Vidican for a while, sit along the shores with good friends and the sea. Few places have such beauty.

Raises his wooden tankard with the house of the iron ring symbol on it

Here's to you using music to bring peace to the lands! Can you give us a song?

• Love
Reactions: Rachel Skymoon

Rachel Skymoon

Trusted Account
Feb 19, 2020
Rachel nods and clears her throat to sing the lullaby that her Mother, Saria often played for her.

Sky Turns red
Time for bed
Close your eyes and rest your sweet head
Though you are young, Your time will soon come
Spread the Light of Hope with our song.
Do what is good and right
Steel yourself for the fight Stand true do not lose your way.

Last edited:

Artenen

Staff member
Feb 19, 2020
Kiel, WI
Artenen smiles, stands up, and gets another couple of drinks from the wagon. Hands one to Skymoon then sits back down.

Where are the Skymoons from?

Rachel Skymoon

Trusted Account
Feb 19, 2020
The Skymoons? Well, I recall stories as a child that we hailed from a long forgotten Arctic place called YuleStar. It was a wondrous area. A glen or glade I suppose you would call it. We made our everyday quarters among the trees or the odd tent'. We were never much for anything ornate, Save one great stone building that sat on the mountain range outside YuleStar. That was where we studied, meditated and such because that was the original safe place of the jewel that eventually became The Holy Ocarina.

Last edited:

Rachel Skymoon

Trusted Account
Feb 19, 2020
After sipping more ale, Rachel reaches into her rucksack and pulls out a large book. She turns the yellowed pages to the crude sketch of a map pointing out the location of the glade and the mountain.

Here, See?

Last edited:

Artenen

Staff member
Feb 19, 2020
Kiel, WI
Artenen looks at the map and doesn't recognize anything on the page.

It would appear to be a very majestic place!

Rachel Skymoon

Trusted Account
Feb 19, 2020
Rachel nods.

Aye, Brother, that it was. According to the stories, magic flowed like ocean waves over everything. It was in the air, water and plant life. If you set foot in the glade, it filled the very boot print left in the snow. There was no purer, kinder or holier place in the history of my people. Then, one day, The Interlopers appeared.

Last edited: