Lady Skymoon

Rachel Skymoon

They were all destroyed, as far as I can remember.... All except this codex. And it only tells bits and pieces.

Rachel turns a few more pages and points out an entry seemingly written moments after the Intrusion.

"...... Figures in shadow that bring with them a
spirit of war and greed, The Interlopers seek dominion over ALL magic. They say that We, The Skymoons, are being selfish simply by living in harmony with the Elementals and protecting them...."

"We are people of Light....We will never bow to evil....ManaSoul, protect us!"

Just going from here, there seems to have been a threat of retaliation. A threat the Interlopers made good for. There be blood upon these pages.

Rachel picks up her tankard and drinks. Yet more unspoken thoughts turning in her mind. Mysteries take root where answers are meant to be. Fear tightens its grip on the heart that would normally push her toward sacrifice for her Brothers and Sisters.

'

;

Last edited:

Artenen

Artenen Aeolus House of the Iron Ring
Staff member
How could such a magical and perfect place ever be destroyed!

Rachel Skymoon

Whatever beauty or mystical truths it held for us, The Interlopers saw the land, or more specifically, the ancient stone that guarded it as plunder.

So much so, in fact, that they placed curses upon it as punishment for the defiance I just mentioned. My ancestors implored Nature's mercy to intercede and the stone was taken up and remade as the Ocarina. The ensuing battle was a blood bath. The few survivors were forced to flee, becoming nomads.

Rachel lets a small whimper pass her lips as tears flood her eyes.

Last edited:

Artenen

Staff member
Gives Rachel a hug

It'll be ok. You're with me now. We can try and find your nomads of you'd like. I was going to head to Vidican then explore up the coast.

as the sun sets, Artenen begins getting things ready for bed.

Rachel Skymoon

Thank you, Brother. I just pray the survivors of YuleStar are well. Hopefully they can help us find The Holy Ocarina. I must cast the Interlopers back whence they came with it! I will not suffer history to repeat itself.

Returns the codex to her knapsack and also prepares to sleep.

Last edited:

Artenen

Staff member
as our adventurers prepare for sleep, the sun sinks below the horizon. Calm, warm breezes fill the air and the sounds of peaceful wildlife adorn the camp. The fire coals crackle to dust as the night fully takes over the land. The next morning wakes Artenen early at the first sign of light in the sky. Artenen quietly sneaks out of the camp with his fishing net and egg satchel to catch a morning breakfast. Just before he leaves, he walks over to the fire pit and feels there are still hot coals under the ash. Artenen gathers some nearby kindle and wood to let the fire smoke itself alive while he catches some food.

Rachel Skymoon

Rachel, still sound asleep, is again assailed by the same visions as before. Her seven-year old self cowers beneath the itchy burlap blanket her mother covers her with. Her father, Martin takes up his sword and her mother summons her staff. The pair leaves the tent, marching toward their doom. Moments later, their blood stains the pure snow. The enemy horde tramples the fallen under their feet like ants. The smell of burning wood and fabric fills the night air.

Rachel then hears footsteps enter the tent..

"Oi, Chief, We found it!"

"Excellent....what exquisite beauty...."

Rachel sneezes, giving herself away. The chief takes the minion's sword and slices Rachel's right ear.

The scene fades with this warning:

YOU'LL FAIL, SKYMOON. EVERYTHING YOU CHERISH WILL DIE AS THE LIGHT IN YOU FADES. PREPARE FOR THE DEADLY SILENCE THAT WILL CONSUME.

Rachel wakes from the dream in a sweat and reaches for her canteen, drinking deep of the water within it to cool herself. Julian lies beside her still asleep and her other companion, a great-horned owl glides down from a nearby tree. She tells her master that Artenen had gone fishing earlier. Rachel nods and decides to fill the time with her morning meditation.

;

Last edited:

Artenen

Staff member
Artenen returns to camp with fish, eggs, a bird and a smile on his face. He begins to prep the food by the wagon and puts the cooking items near the fire which is now just hot coals.

Rachel Artenen Shouts Are you here? Continues to cook

Rachel Skymoon

Rachel opens her eyes and joins Artenen at the wagon.

My apologies, Brother. I am here. I was meditating for a while.

Last edited:

Artenen

Staff member
Tis alright, I've made some breakfast. I hope you're hungry. Here's some for your pets too hands Rachael a load of food

I'll start packing the wagon. It's time to head north.

Rachel Skymoon

Rachel thanks Brother Aeolus. She quickly packs together her belongings, wakes Julian and Ari to join her and sits down to eat.

Delicious! I haven't had a meal this satisfying in many a season. Thank You.

The tone with which the young Elf speaks carries more than gratitude for the meal alone. She is also grateful for his understanding.

Last edited:

Artenen

Staff member
As the wagon gets packed, Artenen thinks about his ship, the fire, he pauses and drift out into the distance