1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Welcome To The Deeplight Scrolls

Discussion in 'LarpCraft of Milwaukee, WI USA' started by Gnarlug Dew Claw, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Gnarlug Dew Claw

Gnarlug Dew Claw Orc Warrior Blood Moon Tribe Transferred Character Myths & Legends

Welcome to the Deeplight Colony Scrolls. The Deeplight Colony is located in SE Wisconsin, with venues in both Milwaukee and Waukesha. The subterranean City-State of Deeplight is an indoor realm representing the dungeons and Drow controlled cities of the Underdark. The venue is in the basement of an old Woolworth's department store in Milwaukee.

Bronkthimble Downs is an outdoor realm located on private farmland in Waukesha county. It represents a small Hobbit/Halfling community that is slowly being consumed by the expansion of a neighboring kingdom.

Check out our Lore section.

We hope to see you in 2014!

Artenen Aeolus, Mordekai Fox, Gordrax Kargaroth and 6 others Giveth praise for this remark!
  2. Bucky Gamgee

Bucky Gamgee Elven Ranger LarpCraft Sheboygan Elder Myths & Legends Elder

I will save my kin

Artenen Aeolus and Gnarlug Dew Claw giveth praise for this remark!
  3. Gnarlug Dew Claw

Gnarlug Dew Claw Orc Warrior Blood Moon Tribe Transferred Character Myths & Legends

The Subterranean City-State of Deeplight will be hosting its premier event on 21 Feb 2014 to 22 Feb 2014 in Milwaukee WI. Details and event page will be up shortly. We will also be running a booth at the Milwaukee Midwinter Gaming Convention to promote Larpcraft: Myths and Legends.

Gordrax Kargaroth, Ufnar Kargaroth and Graycor Gallowmist Giveth praise for this remark!
  4. Gnarlug Dew Claw

5. Grah Gr'rah

Grah Gr'rah Orc Barbarian Blood Moon Tribe Myths & Legends

3 more days! AAAARRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

6. Gorg Child-Bearer

Gorg Child-Bearer Orc Barbarian Midland Colony Elder Blood Moon Tribe Myths & Legends

Excite is much right now.

Ogra Ravenheart Giveth praise for this remark!
  7. Gru Rahal One Eye

Gru Rahal One Eye Orc Witch Doctor Myths & Legends

Can't wait all my stuff is finally in, and can't wait to orc it up for a bit!

Ogra Ravenheart and Grah Gr'rah giveth praise for this remark!
  8. Gorg Child-Bearer

Gorg Child-Bearer Orc Barbarian Midland Colony Elder Blood Moon Tribe Myths & Legends

Look forward to seeing it all!

9. King Murdoch McArthur

King Murdoch McArthur LarpCraft of Milwaukee Host, chevalier paladin Lore Master Natus Gryphe LarpCraft Host Transferred Character Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Elder Lifetime Award

HI all! Several of us came to the practice Sat. We had a great time, familiar enough to what we're used to to be comfortable, different enough to be new and fun. We'll be coming back and many of us have created or are working on profiles.

We used some of the loaner stuff and loved it. Looking to buy a sword and some shields, we were told of one manufacturer that has a near lifetime guarantee and I also liked the balance. They were simple single handed swords, the one I liked had a black handel and was right at 3 feet. I liked the feel and the balance of that one the most. I also liked the mace I played with.

My wife and son made it to the event in Feb and had a great time.
    Going to try and come as a group to the next event in June, smaller batches of us will probably make some other things.
    Thanks and we'll be seeing you all again soon..probably with even more people.

Thanks again for sharing the practice site with us.

Angrboda MoonTaker, Mordekai Fox and Grah Gr'rah Giveth praise for this remark!
  10. Grah Gr'rah

Grah Gr'rah Orc Barbarian Blood Moon Tribe Myths & Legends

Waz gewd to hav Murdoch at practiss!

OOC: Thanks for coming out. If your crew does make profiles, make sure to let @Ogra Ravenheart know who you are via a Fox (Private Scroll) so she can award XP to your new characters! Looking forward to seeing you at future events and practices.

King Murdoch McArthur Giveth praise for this remark!
  11. King Murdoch McArthur

King Murdoch McArthur LarpCraft of Milwaukee Host, chevalier paladin Lore Master Natus Gryphe LarpCraft Host Transferred Character Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Elder Lifetime Award

The xp from practice??

I sent a scroll, thanks for the heads up.

Grah Gr'rah Giveth praise for this remark!
  12. Hollen Mistle

Hollen Mistle Elf Druid of Deeplight Colony Myths & Legends

Any updates yet on when the next Deeplight event will be held? There were mutterings about mid or late May.

13. King Murdoch McArthur

We were told like May 11????? or so. I don't remember exactly. I have a conflict so i knew i couldn't go. :(

14. Gnarlug Dew Claw

It will probably be June 1st, now, due to a conflict on my end involving my Paramedic license renewal.

15. Gnarlug Dew Claw

Just so you know, that simple black handled sword you were using is the "squire novice" sword. It is, like, literally the cheapest sword that calimacil makes, which is funny because it is excellently balanced!

Grah Gr'rah and King Murdoch McArthur giveth praise for this remark!
  16. King Murdoch McArthur

I might be able to make that.

Thanks, i found it on a couple sites. But that confirms that i was right and it's not just a look a like.

17. Birna Fathmbjornsdottir

Birna Fathmbjornsdottir Barbarian LarpCraft Sheboygan Elder Natus Gryphe Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Elder Lifetime Award

First weekend in June is probably better for us new folks. (Got my profile set up, yay! Finally found this section of the scrolls, yay! Will send fox? about attending practice, yay!) Had a great time at the practice, and as Murdoch stated, familiar enough to be comfortable while new enough to be challenging. Thank you for being so welcoming to us and I look forward to spending time with everyone again.

Angrboda MoonTaker and Grah Gr'rah giveth praise for this remark!
  18. Ogra Ravenheart

Ogra Ravenheart Orc Rogue Blood Moon Tribe Myths & Legends

Ogra had good fun tenderizing fresh SCA meats!

OOC: It was GREAT to have you all at last weekend's practice. Definitely hope to see you all again soon :D

19. King Murdoch McArthur

Fresh? That's sweet of you. I think the only one even remotely fresh is my son :)

20. Ogra Ravenheart

Ogra Ravenheart Orc Rogue Blood Moon Tribe Myths & Legends

HAH! Human flesh always seem fresh to orc-kin :D

21. Birna Fathmbjornsdottir

Birna Fathmbjornsdottir Barbarian LarpCraft Sheboygan Elder Natus Gryphe Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Elder Lifetime Award

Apparently they didn't get a whiff of your gambeson...

22. Hollen Mistle

23. Hamish de Nisbet

Hamish de Nisbet Human Denizen LarpCraft Sheboygan Elder Natus Gryphe Transferred Character Myths & Legends

Looking forward to the next time.

24. King Murdoch McArthur

I GOTS MY SWORD AND SHIELD! Boys too! We will match :)

Ogra Ravenheart and Grah Gr'rah giveth praise for this remark!
  25. Hollen Mistle

Hopefully, next time, I'll have some armor to go with my staff for extra obnoxiousness.

Village Crier