1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weapons And Shields At Belok Dorn

Discussion in 'LarpCraft of Milwaukee, WI USA' started by Hollen Mistle, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Hollen Mistle

Hollen Mistle Elf Druid of Deeplight Colony Myths & Legends

Since the event is intended partly to allow players to try out new gear, will homemade weapons be accepted at the event (so long as they meet safety specifications)? At the premiere, homemade weapons were discouraged but allowed; I just want to make sure I'm prepared in case rentals aren't available, and I might like to try some new things out.

2. Angrboda MoonTaker

Angrboda MoonTaker Orc Bard of Deeplight Colony Myths & Legends

This is totally acceptable. As long as safety specs are met, have fun and be creative!

Artenen Aeolus and Hollen Mistle giveth praise for this remark!
  3. Gnarlug Dew Claw

Gnarlug Dew Claw Orc Warrior Blood Moon Tribe Transferred Character Myths & Legends

Indeed. It is in the spirit of this event to let people try new things!

Artenen Aeolus and Hollen Mistle giveth praise for this remark!
  4. Hollen Mistle

Thank you for the response. Now I need to get cracking...

5. Hollen Mistle

[​IMG]
    Can't wait to put them to good use tomorrow.

6. Ogra Ravenheart

Ogra Ravenheart Orc Rogue Blood Moon Tribe Myths & Legends

Now that the event's over, what did you think? Did they pass your play test?

7. Hollen Mistle

Yes and no. The smaller weapons were flimsy, but worked until one of the blades got stepped on after the event. The staff worked wonderfully, but I need to cap the core better to save the foam next time. In any case, I figured out that I definitely want to keep using staves in the future.

8. Ogra Ravenheart

Awesome! Glad the event helped :)

9. Ogra Ravenheart

And sorry to hear one of the weapons got smushed! Do you know if it was intentional?

10. Beijart of Stonesthrow

Beijart of Stonesthrow Dwarf Rogue Unseen Hand Guild Myths & Legends

I highly doubt it was intentional. It was on the ground with the rest of our stuff, and it wasn't damaged too badly, just badly enough that it's probably not usable anymore.

Hamish de Nisbet and Hollen Mistle giveth praise for this remark!
  11. Hollen Mistle

Yeah, what he said. I didn't see what happened--it was just fine one minute and then broken the next. I figure I just need to be more careful about where I set my stuff in the future. (It was a really cheap weapon anyway.)

12. Ogra Ravenheart

Ok, thanks!

13. King Murdoch McArthur

King Murdoch McArthur LarpCraft of Milwaukee Host, chevalier paladin Lore Master Natus Gryphe LarpCraft Host Transferred Character Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Elder Epic Profile Lifetime Award

on those walmart swords you have to reinforce the cores or just replace them completely, also helps to tool dip the blades.

May buy up a bunch for loaners....imo they are also insanely light weight

14. Gnarlug Dew Claw

Gnarlug Dew Claw Orc Warrior Blood Moon Tribe Transferred Character Myths & Legends

I used the shaft from a graphite golf club I got at the thrift shop to re-core one of those.

Beijart of Stonesthrow Giveth praise for this remark!
  15. King Murdoch McArthur

King Murdoch McArthur LarpCraft of Milwaukee Host, chevalier paladin Lore Master Natus Gryphe LarpCraft Host Transferred Character Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Elder Epic Profile Lifetime Award

Tripps i think beefed one up similarly, Hamish did too.

16. Tripps Sinful

Tripps Sinful Human Cleric ~Elder of LarpCraft Milwaukee~ Myths & Legends

Yeah they are really nice little temp weapons. Also you can take the core out and have a thrusting dagger.

17. King Murdoch McArthur

Yeah we need loner. We can't just mooch deeplights stuff, at Thurs practice, we need our own .

Hamish de Nisbet Giveth praise for this remark!
  18. Tripps Sinful

I can make some cheap hybrid boffers. I'm also putting in an order for about 80 worth of good foam that I'm going to use for weapons. I now have four 3ft by 8 ft foam sheets being shipped to my house. I can bust out some quick loaner weapons after I make your stuff and that one kids stuff(if he decides he wants to spend money on something other than crazy ebay purchases)

19. King Murdoch McArthur

Yeah, just some basic stuff would be cool.

20. King Murdoch McArthur

When i get some money i think i'm gonna buy us a few cheapo loaner swords from By the sword. Maybe Hamish can donate some bucklers when he builds the 2.0 version?

21. Hamish de Nisbet

Hamish de Nisbet Human Denizen LarpCraft Sheboygan Elder Natus Gryphe Transferred Character Myths & Legends

once i get thru the 2nd week of October, i will have more time, and can crank a few out.

22. Tripps Sinful

When I get that foam in I can crank simple loaners out pretty fast. The foam is black so I could leave them unpainted. Probably better than buying cheap stuff that's going to break.

Village Crier