1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Van Daemon Colony Roleplay Scroll

Discussion in 'LarpCraft of Tea Tree Gully SA, AUS' started by Darien Shadeweaver, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Darien Shadeweaver

Darien Shadeweaver Human Rogue Myths & Legends

Hey all, creating this scroll so we can practice roleplaying as our characters. Rules of this thread are that you can only speak in character. Any posts that aren't in character will be deleted.

An example post could be something like this

*I look to Avarice and say* "Greetings, noble paladin! What news from the north?"

If you are having troubles conveying what your character is actually doing through text, you can add an out of character note or OOC: if you have to explain what you are trying to do.

2. Kalan Weylyn

Kalan Weylyn Transferred Character Myths & Legends Lifetime Award

I am keen for the new adventures, our realm shall rise and prosper. *pondering the prospects*

3. Speaker

Speaker Undead Necromancer Myths & Legends Name of the Gods

Grymm agree but only if rise time not early Grymm like sleep in, Grymm not sabe with pros..per if it like eat after rise Grymm in

4. Teryg Tais

Teryg Tais Fairy Mage Myths & Legends

*a lone figure walks towards the town entrance covered in a black cloak with hood pulled up from this distance you can make out the flashes of purple and black beneath his cloak, the back of his cloak twitches now and then as if something were moving underneath it.
    he walks to the town entrance and can be heard to mutter the words*

"So this is where you ended up......commander"

5. Darien Shadeweaver

**Whilst polishing a glass at the counter I see a strange newcomer enter the Golden Gambit. After he appears from the shadows I recognize his description from my new colleague. I make eye contact with the stranger and then nod towards a room in the back.**

6. Gladdy Williams

Gladdy Williams Human Paladin Myths & Legends

*gladdy walks into the golden gambit carrying his armor over his shoulder in one hand and his sword and sheild in the other*
    this northern weather is strange to me, greetings brothers

7. Teryg Tais

*teryg notices the nod from Darien and his eyes move from the door to the backroom back to the bar , it does not take long for the bar to win *
    Ahh my good tappie what do you recommend?
    *turns his head to Gladdy*
    well firstly im not half human ...are you half fairy ..if not then i dont believe we are related which is lucky for you as im not fond of my relations so not being my brother puts you ina better standing with me already HAH!! (*teryg slaps gladdy on the back and signals Darien to double the drink order*) as for the weather im not sure i myself have been traveling and have encountered all time of strange weather and phenomenon where do you hail from stranger...
    oh thats rude of me allow me to introduce myself im teryg tais travelling performer and all round barfly (*teryg flourishes a quick bow to gladdy and darien *)

8. Darien Shadeweaver

**Reaches under the bar and grabs a bottle of a cloudy blue liquid. Then pours Teryg a drink**
    "My latest creation, may I present 'Mad Moonshine'. Your troubles will disappear faster than a loose coin purse in beggar's alley. That's on the house."
    **Eyes the sword in Gladdy's hand**
    "Excuse me sir, it is customary for patrons of the Gambit to check their weapons at the door, unless you require lodging in which case you may keep your weapons there."

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
  9. Gladdy Williams

Gladdy Williams Human Paladin Myths & Legends

* stopping by the door gladdy leaves his weapons and armor outside then sits down next to Teryg* Apologies Darien i meant no offence. * offers hand to Teryg* i do not believe I have had the pleasure, My name is Gladdy from the southern wilds, sent by my colony to assist our brothers and friends in the van deamons colony in the upcoming battle

10. Darien Shadeweaver

**Relaxes his grip on the crossbow handle to his right**
    " None taken traveler! Wecome to 'Darien's Golden Gambit' Van Daemon's first establishment. Here have a mug of ale, you must be thirsty after such a long journey. I'm always eager for news from the south"

11. Teryg Tais

*pulls another stool up to the bar and motions for gladdy to sit * so a human from the south i haven't had much to do with those settlements south of here yet , well not personally anyway , i once new a merchant by the name of Sam , well i called him Sam his real name wasn't Sam the beast tribes don't use names like Sam very much hes real name i could not pronounce it sound like what i imagine would be the sound of a person gasping in shock at being stabbed in the stomach whilst simultaneously choking on a chicken bone , bit i digress and stray from the point of my stor...y... *terygs eyes fall to his now empty cup and then back to gladdy* but sure you can understand a man wether he be human,fairy or draken can not tell a story with an empty cup , surely such a tried and tested warrior as yourself would be willing to part with the mere pittance it would cost for another drink to hear the rest of sams story ? *teryg looks to gladdy with a raised eyebrow* what say you proud fighter another round for the rest of the story fair trade where i am from

12. Ronoyd Moonfire

Ronoyd Moonfire Fairy Bard of Van Daemon Colony Transferred Character Myths & Legends

A door slips open a crack at the back of the Gambit, overlooking the bar and its new patrons... as if in fear the door slams shut and a scraping sound, as if something heavy were being dragged. This is followed quickly by a thud! and a loud curse in what was possibly orc, then some footsteps and a crashing of glass.....

13. Teryg Tais

*Teryg takes note of the ruckus behind him*
    huh that sounded like something big ..maybe a RAT!,
    *Teryg spins towards Darien *
    but do not worry my good tappie for i am the manager of a great and powerful adventurer why the world over this man is known for his great bravery and strength just last week he ran into a burning orphanage im still not really sure why he did BUT HE DID!! and you are of the fortuitous happenstance of being in this mans presence this very moment so with no more delay it is my great pleasure ...AND honor to present SIR GLADDY!!
    *Teryg places his hand on Gladdys shoulder*
    and for a modest amount he will delve into that dungeon you call a cellar and eviscerate,cut ,stab and HIIYAA!! *Teryg pretends to fight an epic battle versus and imaginary foe with a spoon he picked up from the bar* any rat or rat like creature down there.
    *Teryg pulls a roll of parchment from his cloak and unfurls it *
    "please note that our contracts do not cover undead salesmen, orcish wives
    or any kind of creature that has more then 7 but less then 9 legs"
    *Teryg visibly shivers and then rolls the parchment back up and tucks it away in his cloak*
    what say you good tappie how could your fortunes look any brighter then they do right now
    *Teryg leans into Gladdy and whispers *
    "lets do a 60/40 split 60 to me cause i did the hard work you just have to kill some rats "
    *Teryg winks at Gladdy and then turns back to Darien an expectant look upon his face*

Darien Shadeweaver Giveth praise for this remark!
  14. Darien Shadeweaver

*I hesitate for just a moment, then I proceed to guffaw uncontrollably*
    "I like the cut of your jib Teryg!"
    *I slap a silver coin onto the counter*
    "Plenty of work for honest adventurers around here"
    *I make my way towards the opposite end of the counter whilst murmuring*
    "even more for those who aren't"

Teryg Tais Giveth praise for this remark!
  15. Asmodeus Demoneye

Asmodeus Demoneye Transferred Character Myths & Legends

Blighted fairies always messing up the tavern

16. Teryg Tais

the only mess i see is the one you just walked in here dwarf you could at least wipe the gore from your boots

17. Daw Mstislav

Daw Mstislav Human Druid Myths & Legends

OOC : some chat in the text portal pretty much turned into role play, i coped it here and will edit is some.
    there is daw, falken, diana and teryg. talking in town outside the Golden Gambit run by Darien

falken to daw and diana :
    there were many raid's on Van Daemons Land. the Undead were slaughtering most of our townsfolk, our cleric worked with out food and ale bring out dead back to like before the undead could raise our folk. Luckily the Son's of war had an encampment in out town or we might have not survived this slaughter . next time i shall be stronger to protect the city of Van Daemon from any foe.

diana : Don't worry, Falken. In time, I have faith you will have the strength to overcome any opponent!

daw : as a druid I have a strong distaste of these unnatural vermin, spawning and using their poison weapons. I have been on a mission to collect herbs, gems and so on. now i hone my skills to make poisons, spells to rid our town of these vermin.
    diana : Excellent work, daw. The undead menace will not plague us for long, if we have the courage to stand together. Praise the Light!
    daw : if i had the power the earth would split and sallow them.

* teryg has been listening to the conversation, he walks over to the group*
    teryg : I'm out of town for two days and the undead attack, well it obvious then they did it because i left everyone knows teryg is the bane of undead and laundry and random trees.
    *teryg grins*
    ok so really im just the bane of anything i can try my spells out on, but the fact still stands no undead have entered town while i was there.
    diana : If we had the power, the Undead would no longer plague this land. Unfortunately, that's not the case... yet.

daw : bold statement my friend, i can not recall meeting you. but i'm old, forgetful and new to town. i do not recall much of the last 2 day as i have a tendency to wander off into the forest searching, then come back to town wondering WTH is going on.
    teryg : yes ive been told there are few new faces in town i should really set up my shop and try to make some coin so i dont have to keep doing parlour tricks for free drinks at the tavern with all these undead i could make a fortune selling my mana potions to aldur im sure his energies are constantly running low from all the healing

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
  18. Teryg Tais

*teryg throws his travel bags behind the bar and then moves two chairs close enough so he put his feet up *
    so i missed out on all the fun someone give me details whos dead , whos alive and who is stuck somewhere in between ?

19. Daw Mstislav

* daw walks into the tavern and takes a seat*
    well my friend, aldur is drained and the paladin lost. it was not so bad with the 2 healers, but being back to one he is under much pressure. i could focus myself on healing but i tend to wander off for hours at a time, which makes me somewhat unreliable. so i think i will keep my focus spread between healing and poisons. one has to protect oneself in these dangerous times.

20. Teryg Tais

wise words in deed when one offers the olive branch with one hand one should never forget to incant a spell in the other ,
    im not much of a healer i only remeber the basic healing i was taught by my parents back when i was a wee sprite but if the town needs me ill be there ...for a price ...hey dont look at me like that even the faey need to eat

21. Falken Lennawood

Falken Lennawood Human Rogue Myths & Legends

"Falken enter's and pull's a seat up at the bar" yes! Daw was gone in time of need . he arrived back at town after the skirmish was over, so Teryg a price you say . you should be loyal to the town of Van Deamon now you are the lands

22. Teryg Tais

oh im not going to let people attack the town with out defending it but if someone wants me to go traversing through wilderness i will be making a contract *teryg makes a flourish and pulls a scroll from his coat unfurling it * please note that our contracts do not cover undead salesmen, orcish wives or any kind of creature that has more then 7 but less then 9 legs *he then rolls the scroll back up and puts it away * its a standard contract

23. Falken Lennawood

a contract! hmm interesting this is mine "Falken slams a tattered piece of canvas on the bar"(on the canvas written in sheep's blood ,assassination 5 gold sign in blood )" there is mine,but now that most of the Undead are slain this might come in use for me "Falken put's the scroll

24. Daw Mstislav

a price is fair i say, i think the walking tanks for hire have set that as a standard.
    i myself have taken many injuries protecting the town and for what, i could quite happily wander off into the forest and live in my hut surrounded by nature or go to the druids circle and be with my brothers.

teryg : i do remember something about when we lost the town paladin and aldur was dead, myself and a town guard went to the circle to find help. a elf druid bother thats a Friar was there,very handy indeed as he brought alder back to us. it really was touch and go, very unsettling.

25. Teryg Tais

*teryg eyes the blood soaked canvas * have you thought about getting a manager there was a warrior once who came into this bar called sir gladdy i helped him get work perhaps i can do the same for you add a little flourish throw in some sparks and fancy words and i bet i could get you more work then you could handle and all for a low low price as well * teryg leans in with a trickster smirk on his face* its all about how you sell yourself someone with your skills could be making more coin with the right representation

26. Daw Mstislav

the main reason i stay at town is this tavern and its honey mead, so so sweet.
    it good the undead do not like honey mead, *winks at his new friend and falken*

27. Teryg Tais

*tryg turns to daw a look of intrigue on his face* really you meet the that wandering elf ive gone looking but as yet havent had the chance to meet them .... then again perhaps my need was not as grand as yours for the cleric to fall hmmmm *tryg leans back and contemplates daws words then looks up with a bewildered look on his face* walking tanks for hire ?? do you mean that dwarf samuel who keeps treading blood and gore into the tavern?

28. Teryg Tais

*as he listens to the others in the tavern teryg gets up and walks behind the bar taking off his black and purple coat and swapping it for an apron he then starts pouring some drinks * first ones on the house darien always said a solid drink for solid information *with that teryg places a mug of honey mead for daw and falken on the bar then turns to pour himself one flipping a coin into the takings when he is done*

29. Falken Lennawood

see Teryg there are not many intelligent people in this town, all they need to know is ill do the deed for the right price as they dont have much knowledge in writing and reading"Falken Take's a cup of honey meed and has a gulp, ahhh" .tho Teryg there might be some who disagree with my way's of work ,i know there are some who agree ."Falken get's out book"

30. Teryg Tais

*teryg looks up at falken with a smile on his face* dont let them hear you say that people who cant read usually cant "read between the lines" either "they are easily insulted and usually have very large metal things to hit me with ..i suppose that would not bother you as much as me you like you have had a few close calls im sure you can handle yourself but dont limit yourself assassination is good for the coin but with the skills you have im sure you could make some extra doing smaller jobs as well after hearing how the undead just walked into town you could use your stealth to scout or go and collect resources for other ..all for a price of course ...*teryg smiles* and after you control say the ore or the leather sell it to those who need it most why profit from just the killing of war when you can be selling the items needed to repair the armor as well *teryg winks at falken* war my boy is where all the coin is at

31. Daw Mstislav

dwarf, tank what ever u want to call the tin covered noisy ones, the trample nature like tanks and walk blood and gore everywhere. very messy and noisy i think, makes my head hurt.
    *daw turns to teryg* the wandering elf has a love for nature just like I, there is a connection that helps ones of nature find each other. elf, druid, barbarian and others have it, but i think barbarian's smell too much so we hide from them. *daw chuckles about the Barbie joke*

32. Teryg Tais

*looks at daw* the best i heard so far was that hyper active beast they call grymm he keeps calling samuel "walking thunder"

33. Falken Lennawood

yea i thought of that Teryg , i have obtained some resources but mostly enchanting element's as i need them for enchants"Falken wrights down a enchantment description in book,put's book away"tho that idea of gathering ore could be usfull as the son's of war need it for steal plated Armour"take's sip of meed"

34. Daw Mstislav

* finishes his honey meed and smiles, then looks for another while spinning a coin* thinking i forgot how cheeky that falken is, then thinks maybe if i drank less honey mead i mite not forget so much.
    *daw smiles a silly smile* ignorance is bliss.
    ah um what where we chatting about.

35. Teryg Tais

well it is a good idea but be careful , most warriors i know really like their armour despite all the noise it makes just dont push them to far from what i remember samuel has a temper and is a veritable demon on the battle field

36. Teryg Tais

*looks to daw and smiles* where were we well thats an easy one we were about to refill your cup it looks a little empty dont you think
    *teryg spins grabbing a bottle of mead off the shelf as he does then leans back on the bar pouring another drink for daw and topping up falkens while he is at it * so tell me more of what has happened of late i do love to gossip ...dont tell anyone but most of us mages do and if they say they dont well then just let slip some piece of gossip about a lost magic of something like that and watch how quickly they bend ear to you *teryg smiles a sly smile*

37. Falken Lennawood

well thank's for the top up Teryg "Falken put's 3 copper on the bar top"well gossip , there was some new face's in town this week, i believe one was called Karamu kabi . tho i heard he likes to steal i think him and tommy have thing in common . But besides that i have sent two raven's west to my allies in the other land's hopefully the get my word and come join me in Van deamon's land" takes a gulp of meed "

38. Daw Mstislav

*daw smiles * walking thunder
    yes i have seen him in action, that kind of armor speed and strength better to have as a friend than a foe.

39. Teryg Tais

*looks at daw* i can tell you right now i wont face samuel unless i already have acid charged in my hand and ready to go just lucky for him i havent yet gotten the grasp of the spell ..so for now i think ill leave that nik name of his for the beastman to utter and ill just call him sir to his face and samuel to his back

40. Teryg Tais

*returns his gaze to falken * friends you say well the more the merrier i know darien will be happy with more customers for the tavern
    i heard a small bit of tommys "adventurers" some people just really like shiny things we all have our vices mine is wine and women ..and magic....and money......well suffice to say maybe i have more then my fair share of vices so im not the person to judge others unless i have had a few to many of these meads then ill judge a blade of grass for bending wrong when i walk on it

Village Crier