1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Vision, The Desire, And The Inspiration

Discussion in 'LarpCraft of Superior, WI USA' started by LarpCraft of Superior, Apr 7, 2017.

1. LarpCraft of Superior

LarpCraft of Superior Myths & Legends Host Vault

Nerds, LARPers, Countrymen, Lend me your ears!

It's been a wild ride so far, and a relatively short one, to arrive here as hosting an official LarpCraft chapter here in Superior, WI and the Twin Ports area. What started as a desire to cosplay has blossomed into full larping fever, and I have been lucky enough to have friends and family who are good natured enough to indulge me. Now we start off on a new leg of our journey and I am looking forward to going to new and positive places.

This truly started in the spirit of a dear friend of mine, of which I will be eternally thankful, who taught me the value of time. It is in his spirit I am determined to say 'yes' to more things. It is in his spirit I am determined towards making things better, and realizing that things may not be perfect, but to have gratitude for what I have. And it is in his spirit I am determined to enjoy my time with friends and loved ones, because in the end, those are the things which truly matter. And therefore, if you can spend times with people you cherish, and have fun, and build good memories, even if it's dressing up in silly costumes and declaring "ALACK AND ALAY!" and hitting people with foam swords, then it is not time wasted at all. Because life is time. So if you respect life, do not waste time.

Therefore, going forward, I want Larpcraft of Superior to also be a group that gives back. At least once a year, I want the Superior chapter to hold a charity event, whether it be to raise money for the local food shelf, or Habitat for Humanity, or medical relief or research. Because if you can have fun and make problems in the world better at the same time, that is really the pinnacle. So I am looking forward to working and playing with you all soon. And I extend my gratitude to the LarpCraft community as a whole. I have met so many nice and creative people already, and I am looking forward to making new friends in the weeks, months, and years to come.

Sincerely,

MC Arnold
    (Maliostro Cavaldi)
    Larpcraft of Superior Host

Yiva Whiteraven, King Murdoch McArthur and Neztus Der'Mon Giveth praise for this remark!
  2. King Murdoch McArthur

King Murdoch McArthur LarpCraft of Milwaukee Host, chevalier paladin Lore Master Natus Gryphe LarpCraft Host Transferred Character Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Elder Epic Profile Lifetime Award

This is just great

Charity is a chivlaric virtue.

Toys for tots springs to mind as another charity that fits well with what we do, as possibly does make a wish donations.

Love this idea

3. Artenen Aeolus

Artenen Aeolus Paladin | Captain of the Magna Navis Lore Master LarpCraft Host '17 Donor Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Blogger Elder Host Vault House of the Iron Ring Lifetime Award Mapped

We used to do food drives often. We do lots of park cleanups too. Game Location Land Clean Up

We'll help you advertise your efforts, whatever you decide.

King Murdoch McArthur Giveth praise for this remark!
  4. Nerojin Valnikroth

Nerojin Valnikroth Myths & Legends

Thank you for setting up a group in Superior. I've ran a group with just my friends on and off for around 7 years up here, but I personally never had the drive to expand past our 10~ friends. We felt comfortable just being a small group. I've looked into joining LarpCraft in the past, but I haven't felt like driving across Wisconsin to play. My friends and I are excited to check out LarpCraft and I hope we have time to make it to your events.

Serena Valentina Giveth praise for this remark!

Village Crier