1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Region Of Norhaven's Location On The New World Map?

Discussion in 'LarpCraft of Milwaukee, WI USA' started by Dreddlok Eadnokka, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Dreddlok Eadnokka

Dreddlok Eadnokka Orc Ranger LarpCraft of Six Lakes, MI Host Myths & Legends

I am not part of any colony so forgive me if I should have posted this question else where but this seem to be the best place for the right answer.

I was looking at the new world map and was wondering for reference purposes where is the region of Norhaven basically located...is it generally on the west side of the large sea where the great lakes are? And if so, me being in Michigan when I start a colony, I would be on the east side of the sea above the Lorland Muckland areas and west of the east coast colony's? (detailed locations to come later?)or do people choose their locations?
    I ask because when i start a colony i would like to use the general location, environment and geography of Michigan as a foundation for my lore and my future colony. For me it makes it easier to immerse yourself in a game if you feel like you're in the environment that is representing in the game, give or take some features.
    Thanks

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  2. Graycor Gallowmist

Graycor Gallowmist Human Ranger Myths & Legends Lifetime Award

Norhaven is located in Wisconsin. It includes the cities of Cambridge, Milwaukee, Racine, and Franksville. Most folks select one of the Colonies that is closest to them for their profile location, but we try to make it to the other surrounding Colonies to support their games and attendance.

The Colonies are actually Midland, Deeplight, Elmholm, Minokee, and Ionen.

Alexander Darentar and Dreddlok Eadnokka giveth praise for this remark!
  3. Dreddlok Eadnokka

Thanks for the info but I was asking the location in reference to the new world map of Myrium,.... Artenen Aeolus posted a link to it earlier in the Text Portal.

4. Artenen Aeolus

Artenen Aeolus Paladin | Captain of the Magna Navis Lore Master LarpCraft Host '17 Donor Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Blogger Elder Host Vault House of the Iron Ring Lifetime Award Mapped

as you can see, the general game locations are still loosely based on accurate geographical areas so Norhaven is still Wisconsin, you'd still be MI though the google map and Myrium map will be different a bit.

5. Dreddlok Eadnokka

Thank You,

Also if i start a colony in Michigan it would help a lot, with input on the lore of the land ,its inhabitants etc..
    and being the first Mi colony might have its advantages.

Artenen Aeolus Giveth praise for this remark!
  6. Graycor Gallowmist

Graycor Gallowmist Human Ranger Myths & Legends Lifetime Award

From time to time, we get a lot of requests from folks looking for a Larp group in Michigan!

Artenen Aeolus and Dreddlok Eadnokka giveth praise for this remark!
  7. Dreddlok Eadnokka

There are a lot of different groups here, a lot are into dagorhir, belegarth, simple whack and smack and as for rollplaying people play waypoint, nero, shadowed realm and more, but i have read and looked over most all the rules and most just start to hut my head after awhile..lol they are good systems in theory but just to much to for most people to remember without have a rule book or character sheet in hand all the time. and i know many that gave up for that exact reason
    I feel Michigan has great potential

Alexander Darentar and Artenen Aeolus giveth praise for this remark!
  8. Artenen Aeolus

Artenen Aeolus Paladin | Captain of the Magna Navis Lore Master LarpCraft Host '17 Donor Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Blogger Elder Host Vault House of the Iron Ring Lifetime Award Mapped

That is why LarpCraft was even formed... the other systems were too complex and the politics seemed like BS.

Dreddlok Eadnokka Giveth praise for this remark!
  9. Dreddlok Eadnokka

I always tell people...it suppose to be role playing, not role suffering.

Alexander Darentar Giveth praise for this remark!
  10. Skud Alehammer

Skud Alehammer Transferred Character Myths & Legends

That map I made is loosely what the continents look like. The plan is to make more local maps when there is time. Out here in Chicago (Jesters' Hollow, Rosewood Hollow, etc) we call Lake Michigan .. the Inner Sea of Machagon, and consider it connected to a bunch of other inner freshwater seas (the great lakes) that empty out into the ocean somewhere.

Different colonies might have different maps, no map maker was ever spot on anyway. They might even have different names for the great lakes, rivers, oceans. Look forward to other maps though!

11. Dreddlok Eadnokka

Cool, I'm glad it is loosely basing it on our existing geography...its a good idea, it will help people in crafting lore by using fauna and flora plus geography of the region they are in as a reference and building block.
    Also I would think states on the border of canada have a little leeway to be a little more north on the Myrium map.

Skud Alehammer Giveth praise for this remark!
  12. Prydain Javert

Prydain Javert Myths & Legends

Where can I see this new world map?

13. Skud Alehammer

Skud Alehammer Transferred Character Myths & Legends

In the lore section below the online rulebook, in world lore.

Totally agree though. Colonies are still allowed to run wild with their imaginations for the most part but keeping in mind the distance from other colonies and size of the area your writing lore for helps I thinks.

14. Birna Fathmbjornsdottir

Birna Fathmbjornsdottir Barbarian LarpCraft Sheboygan Elder Natus Gryphe Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Elder Lifetime Award

Dreadlok, depending on where you are in Michigan, I have friends that play CARPS there who might be interested too.

15. Dreddlok Eadnokka

I'm on the west side of the state near Muskegon and Grand Rapids.

16. Birna Fathmbjornsdottir

Birna Fathmbjornsdottir Barbarian LarpCraft Sheboygan Elder Natus Gryphe Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Elder Lifetime Award

Ah they are on the east side of the state so a little far to help you get going, but that doesn't mean they won't be interested in attending once you are up and running.

17. Dreddlok Eadnokka

cool to know, I think i should be able to draw a good group over time..I was the game dept head of a hobby shop in Grand Rapids about 6 years ago before i moved to Colorado., now i moved back to Mi ...so I'm sure I know a few people that would be in to it right away and i knew at the time just about anyone who was into games and larps .
    I bought the colony package last night, just waiting on the processing part.

Birna Fathmbjornsdottir Giveth praise for this remark!

Village Crier