1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Next Regional

Discussion in 'LarpCraft of St. Louis, MO USA' started by Ufnar Kargaroth, May 8, 2014.

1. Ufnar Kargaroth

Ufnar Kargaroth Orc Warrior/Hunter Transferred Character Myths & Legends

Just wanted to fill everyone in, as I've had a few ppl ask... We are still looking for a good campground that will allow overnight games (or at least a location with fewer Muggles). I am really wanting the next regional event to be a weekender. Right now we're shooting for the end of June, but it may be pushed back until the end of July depending on how our search goes.

Something different this go around: I am wanting to coordinate this next event with the chiefs and elders of all our colonies. I'd like it if we can all pool our resources (props and available manpower), as well as our collective imaginations to really throw one **** of a game!

Chiefs: If everyone pools together, then we will split the event funds with the colonies, after expenses. We'll discuss this in more detail via a ZOOM meeting later this month.

Mordekai Fox and Bili giveth praise for this remark!
  2. Ufnar Kargaroth

The multiple campsite restriction isn't a hurdle at all. My vision is that we would set up one area as the "Market Place", which would house the Tavern and any other shops people wished to setup. This would be manned during "business hours", but everyone would setup camp elsewhere. I see each faction having it's own camp, while those without a faction would setup a "colony village" camp.

For Averen, I think that would equate to 4 camps. The Black Claw, The Fated, The Dragon Legion, and then the colony camp. That would be like 5 ppl per camp.

Bili and Mordekai Fox giveth praise for this remark!
  3. Kurayami Longclaw

Kurayami Longclaw Only Dead have time to Cry Myths & Legends

Well, Obviously, im no elder or nothing and idk if this was just for elders, but Here thats a large camp ground called LBL that im sure would be good, 7$ a person and you can go out anywhere into the large number of acers and camp anywhere, theres couple RV grounds have free-roam and camp anywhere in the woods. Few friends and i went last year.

4. Ufnar Kargaroth

Land Between the Lakes. It's a national park in Kentucky/Tennessee area. A large land mass between Kentucky Lake and Barkley Lake owned by the Tennessee Valley Authority. There are SEVERAL different camp grounds throughout...

5. Kurayami Longclaw

Kurayami Longclaw Only Dead have time to Cry Myths & Legends

Yep and its in Paris Tn or well an hour or so from

6. Ufnar Kargaroth

I'm from Mayfield, KY originally (about 45 min to an hour north of Paris). I used to camp and fish at LBL every other weekend...

However, as we look for a good regional location, I have to make sure that it is centralized to all our colonies, so that everyone's drive time is about the same. Thank you for the suggestion though!

7. Mordekai Fox

Mordekai Fox Human Rogue Meadowmere Colony Elder Transferred Character Unseen Hand Guild Myths & Legends

Where ever we decide to have it, I better start the 5k training now. I cant imagine the Black Claw Tribe is happy with me. Or the Ohmsfords. Or the people I owe money to.

Still, looking forward to helping make this happen.

Sully Little and Ufnar Kargaroth giveth praise for this remark!
  8. Ufnar Kargaroth

I'm trying to keep it around 50 miles +/- of St. Louis area.
    As for ideal aspects, here is my outlook. Feel free to comment/suggest what you think would be preferred (this goes for everyone reading the scroll)
    • Access to potable water preferred, but boiling is always an option
    • Restrooms preferred, but makeshift latrines can be constructed
    • Able to setup multiple campsites
    • Plenty of trails close to the camping area (having to cross a mile of muggle territory to get to the trails is not desirable)
    • As few muggles as possible
    • Low to nil cost to camp
    • Plenty of room to park away from the game area
    I'm sure there are others, but I'm braindead today....

Mordekai Fox and Bili giveth praise for this remark!
  9. Vallen Warborn

Vallen Warborn Elf Paladin Master Chief Larpcraft of Plymouth Myths & Legends

Ufnar look into jim edgar Panther creek it is 26 square miles, it has all that you are looking for only down side it is about 110 miles north of st louis.

Last edited: May 19, 2014
  10. An issue has come up; a few of our members have other plans already set for Independence weekend ... if we can't get the last weekend of June, perhaps the second weekend in July could be considered?

11. Ufnar Kargaroth

I schedule for the third weekend of the month if possible, for future reference. I wouldn't dream of having an event on independence weekend. No turn out...

Bili and Tirindale Colony Vault giveth praise for this remark!
  12. Wayland Stalwart

Wayland Stalwart LarpCraft of Joplin Host Myths & Legends

I feel this thread should be warmed up soon. I know there are pressing matters but lets keep this up.

Village Crier