1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The End Of Larpcraft.com

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Artenen Aeolus, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Artenen Aeolus

Artenen Aeolus Paladin | Captain of the Magna Navis Lore Master LarpCraft Host '17 Donor Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Blogger Elder Host Vault House of the Iron Ring Lifetime Award Mapped

It is with great sadness that I announce the end of larpcraft.com. The current hosts of the Myths & Legends game systems will be taking over. Serena Valentina will post the new website or where she'll want you to go for game and character info.

Please download your character sheets, posts and pictures from the site. This version of the site will go offline at the end of July and will then point to the YouTube channel. I will continue to do reviews and game videos but no longer have the time or funds to keep a website like this going. Most of the developers we worked with are now gone.

I will continue to play as time permits. I'd like to get back into making arrowheads and videos.

It has been a pleasure getting to know so many of you and I feel that Myths & Legends is in great hands with passionate hosts. I wish them all the luck and will continue to support them and the local events that are hosted. May you all keep the adventure going!

2. Drake Grim

Drake Grim Warrior Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers

*takes off hat and puts it over heart and salutes* in tribute of larpcraft.com rest in peace

Artenen Aeolus Giveth praise for this remark!
  3. Serena Valentina

Serena Valentina Sorceress (mage) Lore Master Natus Gryphe Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Blogger Elder

Home | Myths and Legends Is the new website. It will be, in effect, Larpcraft but under the Myths and Legends name. I am trying to get all the [USERGROUP=24]Host Vault[/USERGROUP] (trying to make sure hosts see this) and [USERGROUP=18]Elder[/USERGROUP] teams moved over ASAP. We are still trying to get the rules and lore up to date (RC is 3 of us each with plenty going on in real life, LM is even fewer) so we're doing all we can. Shortly there will be open auditions for RC and LM teams, but as of right now we want to make sure that everyone gets transferred as easily as possible. So we are asking for patience if it seems to be quiet for a bit. There are changelogs going to show what's been going on since this project began.
    We have a chatbox, multiple in game areas, some of which are rewards for posting on the forums a bunch, some are accessible by Ghosts, and some even have NPCs in them! We have areas for memberships, so as you're saving your character sheet make sure you save what membership level you have and when it was purchased! We do have an area for "official" stores (Ei membership store, and any stores/websites that colonies put up to help sell event pre-regs) and Player Stores (Live Action Products, White Wolf Emporium, Revival and AHR, ect) so everyone has a spot to post sales and their wares. There's a board where everyone can have their own gallery to show off what you've been up to. And that's only the start.
    But for now we need ALL the Hosts and Elders over ASAP, and players can start coming over as well. Just realize that things might take a little bit to get your sheet back to filled out. And character abilities and level may remain blank until the rules are 100% up to date. (Adding in a class tree which will feature more classes than previous systems, a new level chart, abilities will be allowed to be purchased again, and so there's 2 XP slots, one to determine level (Total XP Earned) and one which is what you can currently spend on abilities. You'll see prestige points being used to purchase a few higher end classes, and I think I covered the majority)

Wiktor Kostka Sadly I just saw that you had tagged me in a chat message, but was unable to respond. I hope that this answers any questions you had. (We were out working an SCA event with TERRIBLE reception, so I couldn't check on anything)
    HOSTS: Once you make your account message admin (me) with a copy of your character sheet and that you're a host and of where (both in game and oog names please) so I can get your permissions done and any missing areas from the forums added.
    ELDERS: Once you're account is made please send out a message to your local Host (assuming they beat you to making an account) and admin (me, preferably doing this as one PM) with your character sheet and where you're out of so all permissions can be added.
    PLAYERS: Once you have your account please message your local elder or host with your character sheet to get everything up and going.

EVERYONE: If you are a part of a group (House of Undying, Iron Ring, Natus Gryphe, ect) please message ME (admin on there) about getting an area for your group set up. Each group will have a personal area on the forums accessible only to that group and will (eventually) get their own private theme accessible only to your group based off your groups heraldry if applicable.

If anyone has any questions lemme know!

Wiktor Kostka Giveth praise for this remark!

Village Crier