1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The City Of The Dead - Deeplight Dungeon Crawl

Discussion in 'LarpCraft of Milwaukee, WI USA' started by Birna Fathmbjornsdottir, May 24, 2014.

1. Birna Fathmbjornsdottir

Birna Fathmbjornsdottir Barbarian LarpCraft Sheboygan Elder Natus Gryphe Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Elder Lifetime Award

I'm not seeing this anywhere else, and new, so maybe I missed it. Please feel free to move this where it should be, or let me know where it should be and move it I shall...

So, I'm excitedly looking forward to this event as it will be my first event, along with my husband. There is pre-reg available, but at my last count we are the only two that have pre-reged for it since we did after finding out no one had yet. Really hoping to see more folks out there since this sounds like a great time and I can't wait to see what the space looks like in event mode as opposed to practice mode. Help an excited new girl out and pre-reg so our awesome organizers and site know we want to attend!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1390489014509272/?ref_dashboard_filter=calendar

Hamish de Nisbet Giveth praise for this remark!
  2. King Murdoch McArthur

King Murdoch McArthur LarpCraft of Milwaukee Host, chevalier paladin Lore Master Natus Gryphe LarpCraft Host Transferred Character Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Elder Lifetime Award

I'm actually excited! Gonna monster all day :)

3. Birna Fathmbjornsdottir

Birna Fathmbjornsdottir Barbarian LarpCraft Sheboygan Elder Natus Gryphe Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Elder Lifetime Award

I'm excited for it too. Just gotta figure out what they need/want us to wear for NPCing.

4. Valan DelRos

Valan DelRos Elf Ranger LarpCraft Milwaukee Elder Myths & Legends

Black or gray under clothes and maybe some garb that fits the part. Thats what i did when i NPC'd

5. Birna Fathmbjornsdottir

Thanks Valan! Just want to make sure we have the proper kit with us.

6. King Murdoch McArthur

King Murdoch McArthur LarpCraft of Milwaukee Host, chevalier paladin Lore Master Natus Gryphe LarpCraft Host Transferred Character Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Elder Lifetime Award

I had agood time...watch the dread lord kill lots of folks outside my room i haunted. It was cool.

Serena Valentina and Grah Gr'rah giveth praise for this remark!
  7. Birna Fathmbjornsdottir

It was an excellent first event and I had a BLAST as an NPC for the game. Hoping for many more adventures to come.

8. King Murdoch McArthur

Think we should NPC again a few more times

Grah Gr'rah Giveth praise for this remark!
  9. Serena Valentina

Serena Valentina Sorceress (mage) Lore Master Natus Gryphe Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Blogger Elder

I agree! I ain't had that much fun in a while!

10. Birna Fathmbjornsdottir

When was their next event again? Oh yeah, August. ;)

11. King Murdoch McArthur

Other events in other groups too

12. Birna Fathmbjornsdottir

Ionen has an event coming up. Not sure who/what else there is on the calendar... I think something in Midland?

13. Valan DelRos

There is one in the Woodlands of Esker on the 20th of june, three day event.

14. Birna Fathmbjornsdottir

That might be the one that I am thinking of... Thanks Valan!

15. King Murdoch McArthur

Neat, i was just up at Sinawa (sp?) nice place like to see it set up differently.

16. Hamish de Nisbet

Hamish de Nisbet Human Denizen LarpCraft Sheboygan Elder Natus Gryphe Transferred Character Myths & Legends

we should shoot them a message and see what they need.

17. Graycor Gallowmist

Graycor Gallowmist Human Ranger Myths & Legends Lifetime Award

18. Hamish de Nisbet

Hamish de Nisbet Human Denizen LarpCraft Sheboygan Elder Natus Gryphe Transferred Character Myths & Legends

Well Graycor if you need NPCs, let us know what you need.

19. King Murdoch McArthur

If we're zombies again...we gotta learn the Thriller dance

20. Hamish de Nisbet

I am amazed no one caught us doing that to begin with.

21. King Murdoch McArthur

We gots our points!!! that was fast!!!!

22. Hamish de Nisbet

Huh i must have done the math wrong on the points from this weekend, ah well.

23. Ogra Ravenheart

Ogra Ravenheart Orc Rogue Blood Moon Tribe Myths & Legends

There was some clarification needed on how much XP would be granted. I didn't realize we would be announcing it at the event, so I didn't state it correctly because I didn't have my facts straight at the time of the announcement.

It was 2400 base, with a 600 bonus if you did both PC and NPC. Epic bonus of 250, legendary bonus of 500. My apologies to anyone who felt duped! It was an internal communication issue. It's been fixed. Again, my apologies!

King Murdoch McArthur Giveth praise for this remark!
  24. King Murdoch McArthur

So 2400+ 600 +500???....should have been 3500 For me Indir and Laurana???

If so then we're a bit short. I think we got 3,000 a piece. I dunno, whatever it's supposed to be is cool. :)

But wow yall got it done fast, i thought it would be a week or 2. I was impressed.

Course the baby was probably more of a prop than an NPC :p

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
  25. Serena Valentina

Serena Valentina Sorceress (mage) Lore Master Natus Gryphe Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Blogger Elder

Myself was confused as well. At the event the announced 600 was for NPCs rather than those who did both. So is it just for the both or for those who only NPC?

26. Hamish de Nisbet

Bat girl was the cutest prop ever. Ogra, I did not feel likei I was duped I felt like math is hard for undead, and I was not paying close attention. Thanks for clearing it up.

It was a misunderstanding of the NPC/ PC Bonus.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
    Serena Valentina Giveth praise for this remark!
  27. King Murdoch McArthur

baby bat girl loved playing with the little ghost

28. Valan DelRos

Little bat girl made my day when we ran in to her, also very helpful when we traded gifts for info from her.

Birna Fathmbjornsdottir and Hamish de Nisbet giveth praise for this remark!
  29. King Murdoch McArthur

She had so much fun, thanks for letting her play everyone. Noooooooww she wants to know wh y she doesn't have a character like her "buber" does.

I tell her she's 5 and she just gets sad and says it's not fair. :(

30. Birna Fathmbjornsdottir

You may have created a beast character without even realizing it Murdoch. :p

Ogra, I don't feel duped, I was just tired, undead, and misheard in the chaos. :)

31. Artenen Aeolus

Artenen Aeolus Paladin | Captain of the Magna Navis Lore Master LarpCraft Host '17 Donor Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Blogger Elder Host Vault House of the Iron Ring Lifetime Award Mapped

hmm... that is above maxes... per the voted on colony maxes on the front page... http://www.larpcraft.com/index.php/en/starting-a-colony

Battleground Events Max Bonus: 150XP (since the cap is 300XP) + EM250 = 700 max Legendary = 950XP Max
    Total it all up and a Max Outpost XP with these extras are: 1,500 + 700 + EM250 = 2,450 max Legendary = 2950XP Max
    Total Realm per day + Extras = 2,000 + 700 + EM250 = 2,950 max Legendary = 3200XP Max
    Epic Membership: 250XP, Legendary Membership 500XP override

For one day events (outposts) typical ranges are 1,100 to 2,000 on average...

32. King Murdoch McArthur

2900 is what me and my wife and son got so it was under the actual max if i read your post right.

Don't be mad at the Deeplight hosts and elders, we was the ones confused. They did a good job and ran a great evening of fun. :)

Artenen Aeolus Giveth praise for this remark!
  33. Artenen Aeolus

Artenen Aeolus Paladin | Captain of the Magna Navis Lore Master LarpCraft Host '17 Donor Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Blogger Elder Host Vault House of the Iron Ring Lifetime Award Mapped

Grah Gr'rah, Hamish de Nisbet and King Murdoch McArthur Giveth praise for this remark!
  34. King Murdoch McArthur

COOL! Lemme check calendar. Have Cubscout thing this Sat. Serena lives right up that way!

35. Artenen Aeolus

No worries at all! Just trying to make sure the maxes are adheared to otherwise we have maxes going up and people maxing out all the time... the point is roleplay not maxing out a character and if you get too many points too quickly, then we have to adjust the XP higher each year which is not the point and becomes a vicious cycle (just explaining a bit).

King Murdoch McArthur Giveth praise for this remark!
  36. Serena Valentina

I live 15 mins from site, so missing it would be quite the head-scratch-er!

Village Crier