1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So More Things To Encourage Kids

Discussion in 'LarpCraft of Milwaukee, WI USA' started by King Murdoch McArthur, Nov 16, 2016.

1. King Murdoch McArthur

King Murdoch McArthur LarpCraft of Milwaukee Host, chevalier paladin Lore Master Natus Gryphe LarpCraft Host Transferred Character Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Elder Lifetime Award

Steel is going to see about starting a larp club at his school next year.

I was also thinking of reaching out to the scouts as we do camping and crafting etc.

I'd really like to see us getting more kids and teens playing. As hobbies go larp is a relatively wholesome hobby and encourages reading and making things and getting out side.

Thoughts ?? Ideas

2. Birna Fathmbjornsdottir

Birna Fathmbjornsdottir Barbarian LarpCraft Sheboygan Elder Natus Gryphe Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Elder Lifetime Award

I have apparently let my geek flag slip loose a bit more than I thought at work... I have kids asking about a gamers club and the thought of his teacher larping apparently is THE BEST THING EVER as far as one of my physics students is concerned. I have not yet set about trying to establish either of these things yet.

King Murdoch McArthur Giveth praise for this remark!
  3. King Murdoch McArthur

King Murdoch McArthur LarpCraft of Milwaukee Host, chevalier paladin Lore Master Natus Gryphe LarpCraft Host Transferred Character Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Elder Lifetime Award

Well do that , you have access to the young peoples

4. Birna Fathmbjornsdottir

Birna Fathmbjornsdottir Barbarian LarpCraft Sheboygan Elder Natus Gryphe Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Elder Lifetime Award

I have been thinking about it. Still trying to wrap my head around how to set it up so I'm not trying to alter the course of something that is already established.

5. King Murdoch McArthur

School starts back soon, my new neighborhood is full of kids.

6. Artenen Aeolus

Artenen Aeolus Paladin | Captain of the Magna Navis Lore Master LarpCraft Host '17 Donor Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Blogger Elder Host Vault House of the Iron Ring Lifetime Award Mapped

Ya, we could easily get a chapter set up for Green Bay with a few pushes of a button. Then you'd have your own area to make events, talks, schedules, forums etc. under your control (if you want it). Doing these things as a family is great!

7. King Murdoch McArthur

There is a slim chance we may be able to use the deeplight site again. I'm checking that out, howevere, lots of people did not like that neighborhood due to the percived crime possibilities, sooooo not sure that would help recruit teens and kids

8. Artenen Aeolus

Artenen Aeolus Paladin | Captain of the Magna Navis Lore Master LarpCraft Host '17 Donor Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Blogger Elder Host Vault House of the Iron Ring Lifetime Award Mapped

Ya, deeplight was bad for that.

Village Crier