1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Practices Starting Back Soon.

Discussion in 'LarpCraft of Milwaukee, WI USA' started by King Murdoch McArthur, Aug 30, 2016.

1. King Murdoch McArthur

King Murdoch McArthur LarpCraft of Milwaukee Host, chevalier paladin Lore Master Natus Gryphe LarpCraft Host Transferred Character Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Elder Epic Profile Lifetime Award

Now that school is starting back up we will get most of our missing people back and i'm back from event sales season for SCA.

Tentatively we will have stuff on Sundays at Stritch. I will be trying to have another outdoor practice site while the weather holds up.

I will also have a booth at Midwinter gaming con. so people who wanns come out and hang out in costume will be welcome.

2. Giovani Guida

Giovani Guida Human Cleric Myths & Legends

What locations are we talking about?

3. King Murdoch McArthur

King Murdoch McArthur LarpCraft of Milwaukee Host, chevalier paladin Lore Master Natus Gryphe LarpCraft Host Transferred Character Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Elder Epic Profile Lifetime Award

Cardinal stritch University. And a few parks out brookfield way to get more coverage of the area.

4. Giovani Guida

hmmm..
    Us new players don't even know what state your talking about.

5. LarpCraft of Sheboygan

LarpCraft of Sheboygan Myths & Legends Host Vault

6801 N Yates Rd, Milwaukee, WI 53217

6. King Murdoch McArthur

7. Giovani Guida

woot... thanks

Artenen Aeolus Giveth praise for this remark!
  8. King Murdoch McArthur

no prob man, all sites take some getting used too

9. King Murdoch McArthur

Well update on this, if all goes well i may have a site across the street from the house i want to buy, or even inside the huge barn of a garage if i can get this place.

10. Artenen Aeolus

Artenen Aeolus Paladin | Captain of the Magna Navis Lore Master LarpCraft Host '17 Donor Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Blogger Elder Host Vault House of the Iron Ring Lifetime Award Mapped

That would be AMAZING!

11. King Murdoch McArthur

It's still for sale, i'm still working on getting approval for mortgage.

12. King Murdoch McArthur

practices are back in full swing at Cardial stritch univeristy, we had official larpcraft system rules practice last week and have done dome basic combat stuff and intro to role play the 2 weeks before.

13. Graycor Gallowmist

Graycor Gallowmist Human Ranger Myths & Legends Lifetime Award

When did Cardinal start hosting LarpCraft again? this a full LarpCraft only practice OR is Grimore tied into it too. The weekly practices that I see posted look like mainly Grimore? Are folks getting XP from both systems.

14. Artenen Aeolus

Artenen Aeolus Paladin | Captain of the Magna Navis Lore Master LarpCraft Host '17 Donor Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Blogger Elder Host Vault House of the Iron Ring Lifetime Award Mapped

Stitch is simply a location within LarpCraft Milwaukee. Murdoch McArthur requested adding WUB WUB back as an elder since the group voted to come back to LarpCraft as their primary system. The bylaws of LarpC say they are not system specfic as an educational school club, so they are not being set up as a host, just a location within Milwaukee.

15. Graycor Gallowmist

Graycor Gallowmist Human Ranger Myths & Legends Lifetime Award

OK, I was just curious as one of the main folks working with Cardinal and setting up practices was at the the Last Hope Old World event promoting and walking around and telling everyone about Grimore, and that they were from Grimore and folks should check out Grimore. Not a single word was said about LarpCraft or any of the Wisconsin Colonies. In fact over a couple hour period all she did is promote the Grimore system and she did not even play the LH game that day. I thought that was an extremely tacky thing to do.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  16. WUB WUB

WUB WUB Orc Warrior Myths & Legends

The Sunday practice going forward will be only larpcraft myths and legends.

LarpC is designed as a venue for both practice as well as full 1 day events for any hosting parties. LarpC has permission to use rooms on campus, as long as we reserve them in advance, and full use of the grounds from 6am-10pm.

Larp C explores many different types and styles of larps. the club goals are...
    1.getting cardinal Stritch students into larp
    2.bring in exciting activities for students of cardinal Stritch.
    3. Introducing potential non students to people and to cardinal Stritch. as well as students building outside and internal connections and friendships.

Rules we abide by...
    -At least one Stritch LarpC student admin staff have to be at any event/practice held at Stritch.
    -no less then 3 Stritch student participating in club activities at least once per month.
    -all larp systems that participate in any physical contact are insured or have a hold harmless agreements singed by all attending.

for the people who only want to do Grimore players will use the same location on a different day moving forward. Date and time for sog tbd. Larpcraft myths and legends Sunday 6-9pm .

17. King Murdoch McArthur

We also have some kids wanting to play some HP lovecraft system i have never heard of at a different time.

18. King Murdoch McArthur

See folsk tonight in Judo/ golf room.

Basement of Cardianl Stritch University 6-9

19. King Murdoch McArthur

Practices resume in golf room soon,

Also will have room at the house now as soon as i get moved in all the way. Garage is huge, just gotta get it cleared out

20. Artenen Aeolus

We'll be moving all these forums to your community page LarpCraft of Milwaukee so when you have dates, post them to your new calendar. When you do, everyone in your community will get a notification that you have an event coming up.

I'll help you post it also if you need as well as to facebook etc.

Side note - we need to get the Feb Esker event up like really soon!

21. King Murdoch McArthur

Yes we do

We're starting back on the planning and prep now that Christmas is over

Village Crier