1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Our New Realm

Discussion in 'LarpCraft of St. Louis, MO USA' started by Ufnar Kargaroth, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Zerg Abrisia

Zerg Abrisia Myths & Legends

well after a week of trying to convince friends i made planes with for next week. to come along they finale said they dont want to make the drive, guess that means I'm not going to make it

2. Kuba Ohmsford

Kuba Ohmsford The Seekers The Fated Guild Transferred Character Myths & Legends

If you post where your from and that you need a ride there might be someone around that area that has extra room. I know we have people from st.charles, warrenton, eureka, maryland heights, O'fallon, and Lake St.Louis. I can't speak for them but its worth posting.

Speaking of the weekend cleanup/practice. Just want to make sure everyone knows there is only a creek for water there. I would suggest if your staying for the whole thing to bring a case of water per person(or pot and preparing for a long walk), a roll of tp, sunscreen, and bug repelant. I should have some extra of all that incase someone forgets.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
    Mordekai Fox, Arilyn Dancer of Blades, Torrin Blades and 2 others Giveth praise for this remark!
  3. Zerg Abrisia

Zerg Abrisia Myths & Legends

thanks, its not the lack of ride. its the commitment to previous obligations

4. Sully Little

Sully Little Speaker to the Spirits Myths & Legends

Fair enough. Hopefully you'll get to make it out for the September event at the very least.

And what Kuba says is correct. Also, unless you want to drive out everyday, bring food.

Kuba Ohmsford Giveth praise for this remark!
  5. Kuba Ohmsford

I'm not sure if anyone checked the weather recently but looks hot and wet for the weekend. Might want to bring a tarp if your tent is not water sealed and a extra chang of clothes too. Atleast the rain will help cool it down some.

FriAug 29
    [​IMG]
    93°F
    73°F
    Sunny
    Chance of rain:20%
    Wind:S at 10 mph
    SatAug 30
    [​IMG]
    87°
    70°
    Scattered T-Storms
    Chance of rain:50%
    Wind:SW at 9 mph
    SunAug 31
    [​IMG]
    90°
    75°
    Mostly Sunny
    Chance of rain:20%
    Wind:SSW at 8 mph

6. Frey Hallothon

Frey Hallothon Revenant of The Fated The Fated Guild Transferred Character Myths & Legends

If its going to rain, who still plans on going? I really want to camp, but not in the mud. I thought about bringing a swimsuit just in case its not raining and there's a nice spot to swim though.

7. Robillard Stormcaller

Robillard Stormcaller High Priest of Lolth The Seekers The Fated Guild Transferred Character Myths & Legends

if there's storms and rain you can count me out.. especially in all the mud.. let alone 90+ temps.. its not going to be to pleasant

8. Kuba Ohmsford

I am planning on being there Friday from start until 8-9pm due to work at 530am, back Saturday at 430pm until 8-9pm again due to work then back Sunday at 430ish until everyone leaves.

Aximili I believe still plans on going for part of the time just not sure when. I'll ask him to post what times he'll be going if he is still going tonight when he gets to work. If Aximili doesn't go or doesn't plan on camping I'm not going to bother with the tent.

As far as Futaba and Drazi they may stop in but I don't think they will due to working different shifts and the little one.

As far as I can remember I believe the creek is very shallow maybe 2-3 feet at most but with all our rain lately it might be a good idea to bring a swim suit just incase.

As far as it being muddy I believe that most of the mud last time we were there was near the creek and woods surrounding the creek. The villages for the most part are all grass covered.

On a related note...

I found out the wheel barrow I had lined up has 2 flat tires and even filling them they go flat in a half hour so no point in me bring it this week.

9. Ufnar Kargaroth

Ufnar Kargaroth Orc Warrior/Hunter Transferred Character Myths & Legends

I've been keeping an eye on it, yeah, but I really don't want to cancel. I have no other time that I can reschedule this to, and per Vutha, he and I have to be on-site to do this so we're all covered under the insurance and land-use agreement. I'm booked until our next event. This weekend I'll be on site rain or shine.

Join me if you can. Help will be greatly appreciated.

Kuba Ohmsford Giveth praise for this remark!
  10. Artenen Aeolus

Artenen Aeolus Paladin | Captain of the Magna Navis Lore Master LarpCraft Host '17 Donor Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Blogger Elder Host Vault House of the Iron Ring Lifetime Award Mapped

This way you can set up for how things will work in rain events... what lands will take water, what dangers the slick grass and mud will have.. etc. Learning to game in the rain and how to set stuff up is a good thing to do, take it from the Cancel King of the north... don't cancel... like... ever unless it is a safety risk.

Kuba Ohmsford and Ufnar Kargaroth giveth praise for this remark!
  11. Kuba Ohmsford

WHAT! How preposterous a mage that can not stand getting a little hot or wet? Don't you have a spell for that?

Ravellina Vaele and Ufnar Kargaroth giveth praise for this remark!
  12. Ufnar Kargaroth

We have a really good feel for how the weather will effect the lands just by having walked the property. Based on the map above, the dead plains and camp 2 are the only sites potentially at risk of flooding, and even then there is still hillside to drain. All in all the real issue will be the road getting to the property, as it is dirt. Our actual game area is nearly entirely grassland and forest. Like Kuba said, the areas around the creek were the only muddy spots, and we walked the property right after a big storm.

Artenen is right though, thus will definitely give us a better understanding of what to expect should bad weather hit us mid-game... it is Missouri after all, the weather changes at the drop of a hat...

I will not cancel this unless there is lightning.

13. Vutha Melander

Vutha Melander Necromancer Myths & Legends Lifetime Member

The only problem I have is that is it does not dry up enough, Brushcatting is going to be tremendously slow. Which from what Ufnar has seen will be all of camp 1 and some of the main road. that is the obstacle I am facing at this point.

14. Robillard Stormcaller

Robillard Stormcaller High Priest of Lolth The Seekers The Fated Guild Transferred Character Myths & Legends

i agree thats my main point.. its going to take a very long time to cut out the areas when its all soggy from rain

15. Torrin Blades

Torrin Blades Human Mercenary LarpCraft of St Louis Host Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Dragon Legion Guild

im still going come **** and high water

Ufnar Kargaroth Giveth praise for this remark!
  16. Torrin Blades

Torrin Blades Human Mercenary LarpCraft of St Louis Host Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Dragon Legion Guild

besides a little mud never hurt no one

17. Frey Hallothon

Frey Hallothon Revenant of The Fated The Fated Guild Transferred Character Myths & Legends

But lightning has. That's my concern. I don't know if I'll camp if it's going to storm, but I'd still like to at least walk around the land and get a feel for it.

18. Robillard Stormcaller

I agree on saturday I'm going to check out/walk it but storms = unsafe won't be camping

19. Kuba Ohmsford

A little weather update no big changes basically slight chance of rain over the weekend with scattered thunderstorms Friday night throughout Saturday morning then clear until Sunday night. This is as of Thursday night at 11pm. So those who do not want to camp in thunderstorms should be safe Saturday night.

FriAug 29
    [​IMG]
    92°F
    71°F
    Partly Cloudy
    Chance of rain: (Day-20% Night-50%)
    Wind:S at 10 mph
    SatAug 30
    [​IMG]
    88°
    69°
    T-Storms
    Chance of rain: (Day-80% Night-20%)
    Wind:SW at 10 mph
    SunAug 31
    [​IMG]
    90°
    73°
    Sunny
    Chance of rain: (Day-20% Night-60%)
    Wind:S at 7 mph

Ufnar Kargaroth Giveth praise for this remark!
  20. Ufnar Kargaroth

Don't forget your weapons!

Torrin Blades Giveth praise for this remark!
  21. Kuba Ohmsford

Sorry guys planned on being there today but forgot to do laundry for work in the morning so got out of here late getting to bushes wildlife before noticing I was almost out of gas and after going to the closest gas station I noticed I left my wallet at home so ran home to get my wallet and noticed the storm moving in. By the time I could get down there and haul everything down I would have to turn around to load it all back up so I'll be there after work tomorrow.

22. Sully Little

So... anyone else going to be here? Sure is exciting, just the Court here.

23. Ufnar Kargaroth

You guys sure missed out last night. It rained for abut 10 min at 7 pm, but the rest of the night was dry... tons of stories and shenanigans being shared!

Mishka Stormclaw and DraZuul Barra giveth praise for this remark!
  24. Skud Alehammer

Skud Alehammer Transferred Character Myths & Legends

I suggest naming it "Southern Jesters' Hollow".

25. Torrin Blades

well you could rename yours northern averen

Skud Alehammer and Sully Little giveth praise for this remark!
  26. Skud Alehammer

Skud Alehammer Transferred Character Myths & Legends

Sadly we are not talking about naming aspects of the dread woods where I am from. Har har. :p

27. Grim Dragonhowl

Grim Dragonhowl For the glory of Hevis! Myths & Legends Dragon Legion Guild

have we come up with a name for the village?

28. Sully Little

We did not. Although that may be something that should be done in character. Failing that, I put forth the name 'Borogrove.'

29. Grim Dragonhowl

Grim Dragonhowl For the glory of Hevis! Myths & Legends Dragon Legion Guild

I would like to cast my vote for "amon tal" which is elvish for city on the hill... I was only asking because I was trying to draw a map of the new realm.

30. Ufnar Kargaroth

I like Altea (al-tay-uh). It means "elevated"in Latin and has an arcane and elvish ring to it.

Village Crier