1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Our New Realm

Discussion in 'LarpCraft of St. Louis, MO USA' started by Ufnar Kargaroth, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Ufnar Kargaroth

Ufnar Kargaroth Orc Warrior/Hunter Transferred Character Myths & Legends

Hey guys, so as I'm working on prepping an actual fantasy map for use in game, I realized that we have no name for this new realm.

I would like everyone here to post ideas for the name, as well as the name of our village, and we will vote on it during our cleanup campout.

Do we want to make it a new section of Averen? Or do we want to shift the Dark Forest lore and Kali Village to this site?

Mishka Stormclaw Giveth praise for this remark!
  2. Ufnar Kargaroth

Also, here is an updated layout on the map that I think will serve us better for the time being. Once we are established and have a larger player base, we can add in the second "Village".

The Hilltop Village is closer to the parking area, and is far less of an uphill hike with all our gear. What do you think?

View attachment 944

Mishka Stormclaw Giveth praise for this remark!
  3. Frey Hallothon

Frey Hallothon Revenant of The Fated The Fated Guild Transferred Character Myths & Legends

I think it should be a new section if of kali viilage. This way we can still run dark forest games and lore there. I suppose we could just "expand" kali village and occupy more area. But in regards to names, I could see the hilltop village having an ancient magic feel to. It's set at the top of the hill to be able to see/chart the stars better. It could be called Ethilios. The city of starlight. Just an idea. I can expand on more later.

Arilyn Dancer of Blades and Ufnar Kargaroth giveth praise for this remark!
  4. Ufnar Kargaroth

So keep everything going and pretend it's the same location? That makes things easier lore wise. Maybe we find the site used to have a different name in an event, again referencing that Averen used to be an empire in the days of old... but so that's one vote for keeping it as the Dark Forest, and our village as Kali Village....

5. Torrin Blades

Torrin Blades Human Mercenary LarpCraft of St Louis Host Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Dragon Legion Guild

Well i think we should call if something else like vonstrom

Ufnar Kargaroth Giveth praise for this remark!
  6. Frey Hallothon

Frey Hallothon Revenant of The Fated The Fated Guild Transferred Character Myths & Legends

Whatever the name, the lore should be the same. A name is easy enough to change...but redoing lore, not as easy.

Ufnar Kargaroth Giveth praise for this remark!
  7. Ufnar Kargaroth

How about this: we keep the realm name as "the Dark Forest", and rename the village?

8. Grim Dragonhowl

Grim Dragonhowl For the glory of Hevis! Myths & Legends Dragon Legion Guild

I think keeping as Kali village for now until we "find" the ancient name for the area.

Zordan Amberwood and Ufnar Kargaroth giveth praise for this remark!
  9. Grim Dragonhowl

I have to say that is a really good name. I like it, or maybe the forest of ruins?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
    Frey Hallothon Giveth praise for this remark!
  10. Sully Little

Sully Little Speaker to the Spirits Myths & Legends

Personally, I think the village of Kali is in poor shape - a serious plague, some strange monster, and at least one drunkard with a club. People moving to a safer location makes sense to me, and renaming it of course makes sense.

Arilyn Dancer of Blades Giveth praise for this remark!
  11. Ufnar Kargaroth

Ok so the count is:

2 - Keep it as Kali Village
    2 - Change the name of the village

Keep it coming guys!

12. Ravellina Vaele

Ravellina Vaele Fairy Mage The Fated Guild Myths & Legends

I vote for a name change.

13. Robillard Stormcaller

Robillard Stormcaller High Priest of Lolth The Seekers The Fated Guild Transferred Character Myths & Legends

i vote for a name change.

14. Kuba Ohmsford

Kuba Ohmsford The Seekers The Fated Guild Transferred Character Myths & Legends

I would keep the Dark Forest village as Kali and make new names for the new villages throughout the lands. This way we can still go back to The Dark Forest and hold events/practices if something should happen to our new lands or we should want to progress the storyline there one week. Nothing would have to change except to say why we traveled there in the storyline.

15. Ufnar Kargaroth

I'm not following. So keep the Dark Forest at Dusable Park?

16. Kuba Ohmsford

Kuba Ohmsford The Seekers The Fated Guild Transferred Character Myths & Legends

Yes. Sorry, must of drank to much ale. Keep Dark Forest at Dusable. Keep old village at Dusable. New names for new villages.

Futaba Ohmsford and Sully Little giveth praise for this remark!
  17. Robillard Stormcaller

Robillard Stormcaller High Priest of Lolth The Seekers The Fated Guild Transferred Character Myths & Legends

i would vote against that i think since we have a new location i no longer want to use dusable for multiple reasons:
    tons of muggles
    incredebly dirty
    no camping
    possible police called because people think we are doing something wrong

not that dusable is bad it served us well while we needed it but why use a inferior place when we can use a much nicer area free from other people

Zenarus Knightwalker Giveth praise for this remark!
  18. Sully Little

I think that Kuba is suggesting the right idea. I think that this is clearly a different location, in game and out. Maybe it's part of the Dark Forest, but a different part of the forest. Some of our problems will follow us as we, the village, relocate (or perhaps grew enough that we built a second town), but we have certainly up and moved.

Torrin Blades Giveth praise for this remark!
  19. Ufnar Kargaroth

I also agree with this. I've always described the Dark Forest as immense, so that isn't a stretch that this is a part of it still. However, I think this should be a new village altogether.

Perhaps Kali got overrun or something?

Who knows... we'll tie in an explanation into the upcoming event. Does everyone agree with that?

Grim Dragonhowl, Robillard Stormcaller and Sully Little Giveth praise for this remark!
  20. Torrin Blades

Torrin Blades Human Mercenary LarpCraft of St Louis Host Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Dragon Legion Guild

I believe that we should keep using dusable park for our practices, and using our lore to say that the disease came back but was much more powerful and kills most, or kali got pillaged by bandits/raiders while we where defending Tirindale.

21. Vutha Melander

Vutha Melander Necromancer Myths & Legends Lifetime Member

My vote is new name, If wen end up with a name pool i have a few to throw in.

22. Futaba Ohmsford

Futaba Ohmsford The Seekers The Fated Guild Transferred Character Myths & Legends

I also vote for a new name.

23. Zenarus Knightwalker

Zenarus Knightwalker Arbiter of The Seekers The Seekers Myths & Legends

I vote name change.

24. Arilyn Dancer of Blades

Arilyn Dancer of Blades Human Rogue The Seekers The Fated Guild Transferred Character Myths & Legends

I also vote for a new name!

25. Ufnar Kargaroth

That's 11 for a name change, thus majority wins. We'll keep the realm as part of the Dark Forest, but set this up as a new village. We can easily tie that in to our event story for September.

We'll hang on to Dusable as a "if needed" practice area, but I have no plans on returning there for an event unless we are presented with absolutely no other option. I'd really rather use the new land for practices as well, that way our traffic there will help keep the trails, etc tamped down.

Ok! So start thinking of names for the new village. Post them here, and we will vote on them at our campout next weekend. Vutha's vote counts twice, as it is his property.

Also, do you guys like my new map proposal above?

Kuba Ohmsford, Arilyn Dancer of Blades and Robillard Stormcaller Giveth praise for this remark!
  26. Robillard Stormcaller

I agree with the dusable plan.. Also using the new place as much as possible. I like the new map placement alot though my little darken enclave became a graveyard but alas I shall find a new one when the time comes! I'm very excited about all the future plans

27. Vutha Melander

You dont have to worry about taking a graveyard. there are many cutouts I already know a few i am going to scout.

28. Robillard Stormcaller

I meant my original planned location was taken lol but I've already thought of a few new areas I like! Your land is amazing to say the least
    I

29. Grim Dragonhowl

there is that area right above camp #1.

30. Robillard Stormcaller

i already have my new place in mind =D haha hopefully no one claims it or i might have to fight over it.. and actually funny that you say that... that spot was my next choice grim

31. Vutha Melander

Some might say, I am aware of the hidden areas...

Arilyn Dancer of Blades and Ufnar Kargaroth giveth praise for this remark!
  32. Grim Dragonhowl

give me a few hours and I'll find a few you didn't know about.

33. Zenarus Knightwalker

Zenarus Knightwalker Arbiter of The Seekers The Seekers Myths & Legends

Are you hitting on him? Lol

Robillard Stormcaller Giveth praise for this remark!
  34. Robillard Stormcaller

Lol I'm afraid he is

35. Grim Dragonhowl

hitting on an undead..... OUTRAGEOUS!!!! but no I just like the idea of ambushes and traps.

Arilyn Dancer of Blades and Timothy Thraug giveth praise for this remark!
  36. Sully Little

Vivinecrophilia? Whatever floats your boat. Bouyancy floats mine, but... I guess animated corpses... well, let's just not finish that thought...

37. Grim Dragonhowl

It's your story Sully tell it how you like... lol

38. Grim Dragonhowl

just out of curiosity have we come up with a name for the village?

39. Torrin Blades

i think we are all going to discuss it @ the meeting next weekend

40. Grim Dragonhowl

it's a shame that I have to work that weekend.

Village Crier