1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Filming Equipment

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Artenen Aeolus, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Artenen Aeolus

Artenen Aeolus Paladin | Captain of the Magna Navis Lore Master LarpCraft Host '17 Donor Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Blogger Elder Host Vault House of the Iron Ring Lifetime Award Mapped

I'm pleased to announce the addition of a new high-end camera to our arsenal of AV equipment. I've been drooling over the Panasonic's AG-DVX200 for months now. There was no way to afford this until my insurance carrier Meemic agreed to pay for it as we want to make a lot of insurance related videos. I wasn't going to make a campaign for this thing because it would just be too much for players to help out with. Good AV stuff is seriously expensive and while it's nice, we can get by on crappy cell phone and related equipment.

You may have noticed some of the LarpCraft videos look and sound better than others. Much of this is because some videos were shot on high-end equipment and some on not so awesome things. A good set of equipment will reduce editing time, give better picture, color, sound, zoom and more. Our ol trusty DSLR is a champ, but it overheats and can't shoot for more than 10 minutes at a time, offers only fair audio and... well... it was made for pictures not video. While we do take pictures, I'm far more into video production.

This has been a dream come true and it'll help get more LarpCraft videos up faster. Good AV equipment saves hours and hours in the editing room on videos that may not otherwise get edited for months or even years.

You'll see many videos with the new sponsor images and text on the backend to thank them for this awesome equipment. I'll be helping Larp, camp, church, ATV, and other community projects with this equipment as well so the wealth they shared will go far and wide. Really excited is an understatement... we begin shooting this weekend at Akuma Forest.

If you look at our adventure page on facebook, you can see Meemic allows us to give thousands of dollars back to local schools. I gave out $4,000 the last 2 weeks alone. Just an amazing company to work for. - Adventure Insurance Agency

We still have the DVX100 in the basement... it's what the first nice LarpCraft videos were shot on.

Timothy Thraug and Maliostro Cavaldi giveth praise for this remark!

Village Crier