1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Midwinter Gaming Convention

Discussion in 'LarpCraft of Milwaukee, WI USA' started by Artenen Aeolus, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Artenen Aeolus

Artenen Aeolus Paladin | Captain of the Magna Navis Lore Master LarpCraft Host '17 Donor Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Blogger Elder Host Vault House of the Iron Ring Lifetime Award Mapped

I wasn't impressed with this convention and do not want to invest anymore time in it, but that is just me. If any of the colonies want to be there, here is the information. When we begin LarpCon, it will compete anyway.

Hi Anne,

It doesn’t seem like our group of colonies or our vendors / manufacturers will be attending since the friction caused last year. Please remove me from your email list.

Thanks,

Ryan Harden
    LarpCraft, Inc.
    1539 N 33rd Place Suite A
    Sheboygan, WI 53081
    www.larpcraft.com

Sent: Saturday, May 31, 2014 11:29 AM
    To: undisclosed-recipients:
    Subject: 15 LARPS for 15 Years - Midwinter Gaming Convention

In 2000 a group of 150 LARPers gathered together at a VFW in West Allis, WI for what would become the very first Midwinter. With a traditional Wisconsin Friday Night Fish Fry taking place below us, we dressed in our vampire finest and danced the night away. It was a simple night which beget so much more.

With the exception of 2004, there has been a Midwinter in Milwaukee every year since. The event has grown from a single night, single game event to a four day full gaming convention, featuring Live Action Role Play, Board Games, Tabletop RPG’s, CCG’s and more. Indeed, Midwinter Gaming Convention will keep moving forward, striving to offer an exceptional gaming experience for years to come.

But back to our next event. January 15-18, 2015 will mark the 15th Midwinter Gaming Convention and we want to do something very special. As our roots are firmly grounded in Live Action Role Playing games, we want to offer our guests 15 LARPs for 15 Years. We already have ten different LARPs scheduled, with a heavy emphasis on the World of Darkness universe. Some of these games run multiple days, others for only a few hours. We’d love to be able to lock in five more games so that 15 LARPs for 15 Years can become a reality. If you have a LARP you would like to run, know of an individual/group who may be interested or have other thoughts on how we can make our 15th MGC an amazing event, please contact me at Anne.Holmes@MidwinterGamingConvention.com.

Here’s to another fantastic 15 years!

Anne Holmes
    Daydream Productions LLC
    Midwinter Gaming Convention

2. Birna Fathmbjornsdottir

Birna Fathmbjornsdottir Barbarian LarpCraft Sheboygan Elder Natus Gryphe Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Elder Lifetime Award

I know that Deeplight/Minokee/Ionen got about 10 new players, including myself, because of Midwinter Gaming Con. Prior to that the only LARP group I was aware of in Wisconsin were the Belegarth and Amtgard groups. Might I inquire as to the friction? If it is something you don't want to air in public on the scrolls, that's OK, I'm just curious about it.

3. Artenen Aeolus

Artenen Aeolus Paladin | Captain of the Magna Navis Lore Master LarpCraft Host '17 Donor Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Blogger Elder Host Vault House of the Iron Ring Lifetime Award Mapped

My personal reasons are that we will be creating a direct competitive event called LarpCon. My other concerns were poor leadership, expensive as **** and it was mainly all about the pen an paper larps over our types. It always felt like "you can be part of it, but you'll never be what we are". It is a feeling I would rather not repeat.

Again, if the leaders of the respective colonies want to pursue this, they for sure can. I just don't like how we were treated last year and I think we can do better by being the hosts.

4. Birna Fathmbjornsdottir

Birna Fathmbjornsdottir Barbarian LarpCraft Sheboygan Elder Natus Gryphe Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Elder Lifetime Award

Thanks Artenen. Those certainly are major concerns to have to deal with and I was unable to attend this year so didn't get to see that side of things. I was recruited by my friends who attended and interacted with, I believe, the folks from Deeplight. Also, planning to create a competitive product and actively participating could be viewed as poor manners I suspect.

5. King Murdoch McArthur

King Murdoch McArthur LarpCraft of Milwaukee Host, chevalier paladin Lore Master Natus Gryphe LarpCraft Host Transferred Character Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Elder Epic Profile Lifetime Award

Well had ya not been there last time i'd have never seen this. If there is a demo, i'll go. I think SCA is doing one too so i'd just float.

I can't believe you got attitude from pen and paper larps. Wow, sorry to hear that.

Host a different con? I'll go to that :) I like going to stuff.

Artenen Aeolus Giveth praise for this remark!

Village Crier