1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making Wilarp Props

Discussion in 'LarpCraft of Sheboygan, WI USA' started by Artenen Aeolus, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Artenen Aeolus

Artenen Aeolus Paladin | Captain of the Magna Navis Lore Master LarpCraft Host '17 Donor Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Blogger Elder Host Vault House of the Iron Ring Lifetime Award Mapped

Nicholas Farseer Giveth praise for this remark!
  2. Artenen Aeolus

Artenen Aeolus Paladin | Captain of the Magna Navis Lore Master LarpCraft Host '17 Donor Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Blogger Elder Host Vault House of the Iron Ring Lifetime Award Mapped

And a few more....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

King Murdoch McArthur and Nicholas Farseer giveth praise for this remark!
  3. Artenen Aeolus

These are still being used to this day. The crypt is now used as a backdrop for tavern talk podcasts and the a frame is out at Esker but that one is likely going to get burned up in 2017 to make room for actual village structures (see here Building A LARP Village | LarpCraft)
    shop.jpg

King Murdoch McArthur Giveth praise for this remark!
  4. Rachel Skymoon

Rachel Skymoon Elemental Warrior Cleric Order of the Ranger Past Contributor Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Blogger

5. Birna Fathmbjornsdottir

Birna Fathmbjornsdottir Barbarian LarpCraft Sheboygan Elder Natus Gryphe Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Elder Lifetime Award

If only the pink foam prop walls weren't so fragile... Really though, if one is going to invest that kind of time, making a flat with a 1/8" or thinner piece of luan for the skin is more durable. They both take up sooooo much storage space though.

6. Artenen Aeolus

agreed. Or we skin pink foam in that spray plastic and back it with plywood. It's always a tossup between tents and structures. I'm going for a canvas structure this year and the rest I'm building out of the woods on site.

7. Birna Fathmbjornsdottir

Birna Fathmbjornsdottir Barbarian LarpCraft Sheboygan Elder Natus Gryphe Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Elder Lifetime Award

If we are building on site, I'd stay away from the foam. I don't know that there is anything we can do to make it durable enough. If we are looking for long term props for indoor use, that might make them more resilient. Though by that time, we're probably further ahead with building wood skinned flats with a 1" x 1" or 1" x 2" frame and a thin ply skin on it.

8. King Murdoch McArthur

King Murdoch McArthur LarpCraft of Milwaukee Host, chevalier paladin Lore Master Natus Gryphe LarpCraft Host Transferred Character Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Elder Lifetime Award

i wanna redo my whole house like that

Village Crier