1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Larp Market Moving 100% To Larpcraft

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Artenen Aeolus, May 31, 2017.

1. Artenen Aeolus

Artenen Aeolus Paladin | Captain of the Magna Navis Lore Master LarpCraft Host '17 Donor Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Blogger Elder Host Vault House of the Iron Ring Lifetime Award Mapped

Greetings LarpCraftians. Many things have changed this year as to how LarpCraft works. From a really cool new community that hosts can fully control to having downloadable resources for players, LarpCraft continues to develop.

A major advancement that happened over the last couple of weeks was the way you can buy memberships. The system can now auto process the memberships so players do not have to wait for their bonuses and titles. These memberships are vital to keeping LarpCraft afloat and just so you're all aware, LarpCraft doesn't have any employees. Nobody gets paid to run LarpCraft, Inc. We all volunteer our time to run, code, write and make this site happen. When this happened, it also changed chapter benefits and costs. Chapters no longer have to pay to recharge their vaults when they run out of XP which reduces cost and we've simply moved to a flat $25 renewal for chapters per year so we know what chapters are current or archived.

The next major thing I'm working on is to expand the market side of the site so chapters and vendors can sell products more easily right in larpcraft.com. So far the forum based solution has worked but it lacks a lot of things we need to have a true marketplace. I'm in the process of setting up another possible solution where chapters and vendors will have their own sales dashboard and can set up products, services and event sales with more information, invoices, tracking etc. like you'd see in a typical store. During this time I've turned off the old larp.market store and instead as redirecting it here as the new store gets built.

While I enjoy selling products and making reviews, I've come to an crossroads in that I'd rather not sell products directly, but rather allow the chapters and vendors sell so LarpCraft doesn't compete against their own chapters and players. Chapters have to make money to operate, get props, pay location fees, get insurance etc. and the best way to make that happen is allowing players to buy products right from them either on location or on the site. This way the chapters have the most chance for success while also having stuff at games people can try before they buy making for a much better player experience. We'll still do reviews and order things for prizes and that kinda thing, but I'm going to take a back seat and allow the chapters and vendors to really get involved now on the product side.

I'll post more as it develops. Feel free to post any thoughts you may have about this below.

2. King Murdoch McArthur

King Murdoch McArthur LarpCraft of Milwaukee Host, chevalier paladin Lore Master Natus Gryphe LarpCraft Host Transferred Character Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Elder Epic Profile Lifetime Award

Yeahhhh!!! please buy stuffs...i am poor and i will ship you your stuff way faster than i have shipped Tim his arms i promise :P

Village Crier