1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Group Submission: Tundra Wilds Settlement/ City

Discussion in 'Apply for Heraldry Here' started by Xeero Sulcarak, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Xeero Sulcarak

Xeero Sulcarak Larpcraft of Hastings Host - Elf Aristocrat LarpCraft Host Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Elder Epic Profile

Though this is only a draft, I have been made aware of come possible conflicts. So I wanted to get this uploaded right away.
    This would be the base submission for the community of the Tundra Wilds region.
    I haven't had much time to study the finer points of heraldry yet. But this is what we've come up with using the region's settlement story as the inspiration.

The green base is for forest of evergreens, light grey/ off-white for the winters and frosted lands, the star signifies the Guide Star(North Star).
    The white wolf is significant as when we arrived to what became our settlement, there was an all-white wolf sitting alone in a clearing, howling at a single star showing in the sky above the treeline.

Attached Files:

King Murdoch McArthur Giveth praise for this remark!
  2. Serena Valentina

Serena Valentina Sorceress (mage) Lore Master Natus Gryphe Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Blogger Elder

I'd like to see it on a shield so I know if it's bordered grey, the field is grey, or if just the left and right sides are grey. Each of those has a different blazon and alters the conflicts.

Still also need real name (for sake of finding your submissions for conflicts)
    Blazons:
    If bordered grey:
    Vert, a wolfs head howling and erased beneath a mullet of four within a bordure argent
    If grey field:
    Argent, over per pale vert a wolfs head howling and erased beneath a mullet of four
    If just the two sides are grey:
    Vert, a wolfs head howling and erased beneath a mullet of four between sinister and dexter argent

Do note that argent is used for both greys and whites since it is representative of silver which has the properties of both colors

Closest conflict is one of the badges submitted by Nathaniel Arcleht : Per Fess Sable and Vert, a Wolf Stantant above a Key and Leaf Crossed Argent in Dexter Chief a Mullet Argent
    Field: Vert
    Charges: Wolf and Mullet

Visually I can tell the difference however they are close enough to herald relations between the groups. If the grey parts are the field with a center line of green that would knock down the differences to 2, the green would have to be thinner however, for this option.

3. Xeero Sulcarak

Xeero Sulcarak Larpcraft of Hastings Host - Elf Aristocrat LarpCraft Host Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Elder Epic Profile

I think we can go with just the two sides grey. As for the name, we will come up with something and get back.

4. Serena Valentina

Serena Valentina Sorceress (mage) Lore Master Natus Gryphe Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Blogger Elder

I should specify, your real name. It's so that, say in 5 years time or so, someone can look up your submissions in the database if your character dies or changes name or something. It's also so we can find your submissions for any name changes or heraldry changes. Things to ease up the process for everyone in the long run. :3

5. Xeero Sulcarak

Here I used the provided submission form. Still trying to find the right name for the first city though.

Attached Files:

6. Serena Valentina

That's fine, get it to me when you have it figured out. :3

Still close enough to a submission by Nathaniel Arcleht that I would like his opinion as well.

7. Serena Valentina

8. King Murdoch McArthur

King Murdoch McArthur LarpCraft of Milwaukee Host, chevalier paladin Lore Master Natus Gryphe LarpCraft Host Transferred Character Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Elder Epic Profile Lifetime Award

No i am not here.

I like it, it's simple and still tells a story.

And has a wolf

9. Xeero Sulcarak

Final upload (hopefully). We agreed to change to the following:
    Field of argent, over per pale vert a wolfs head howling and erased beneath a mullet of four

Attached Files:

Artenen Aeolus and King Murdoch McArthur giveth praise for this remark!
  10. Serena Valentina

with the field being argent it passes conflict.

I vote to approve

others?

11. Ralik Ravenwolf

Ralik Ravenwolf Human warrior Akuma Forest Host Natus Gryphe LarpCraft Host Transferred Character Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Elder

Do it

12. King Murdoch McArthur

King Murdoch McArthur LarpCraft of Milwaukee Host, chevalier paladin Lore Master Natus Gryphe LarpCraft Host Transferred Character Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Elder Epic Profile Lifetime Award

13. Xeero Sulcarak

ALSO! Forgot to mention the name of the settlement that will be attached to this standard is going to be named North Star Village.

Village Crier