1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fashion!

Discussion in 'LarpCraft of Tea Tree Gully SA, AUS' started by Delgado Montoya, May 21, 2014.

1. Delgado Montoya

Delgado Montoya Human Paladin Transferred Character Myths & Legends

So the first get together is coming up fast and my fingers are becoming numb from all the work i am doing at the moment, desperately trying to get some new garments out. While there are a few items in my selection that i reserve for myself i do have a far amount of spare bits and pieces, can people let me know if they require anything? I have probably 3-4 breastplates ranging from light leather to hardened, a few sets of gauntlets (various colours) and various tunics, hoods and cloaks.

2. Jaxom Drazic

Jaxom Drazic Human Warrior Transferred Character Myths & Legends

Nick is coming and will require a breastplate suitable for a starting Wood Elf Ranger. (As is is his first game I think we can allow him to wear it without the skill fist. After the weekend he will buy the skill for it anyway.) He will also need a tunic and hood. BTW I can't find the tunics and hoods you made for me, I hope you have them

3. Delgado Montoya

i have the black ones with the hoods, i think you still have the 'old villager's' one somewhere.

4. Delgado Montoya

will have him sorted, gonna try and knock up a couple of boot covers if i get time, still trying to finish off kirks stuff, the town guard's uniforms and my own new fashionable outfit.

5. DraZuul Barra

DraZuul Barra Myths & Legends

Do you not have a day job Delgado? I would love to have the time to make all of those things (a template for breastplate would be awesome, just saying ;))

Delgado Montoya Giveth praise for this remark!
  6. Birna Fathmbjornsdottir

Birna Fathmbjornsdottir Barbarian LarpCraft Sheboygan Elder Natus Gryphe Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Elder Lifetime Award

The Armour Archive (www.armourarchive.org) has a lot of armor patterns. Also, I've found that poster board, sharpie marker, scissors, and a friend can go a long way toward making a template for a breastplate.

7. Jaxom Drazic

Jaxom Drazic Human Warrior Transferred Character Myths & Legends

Delgardo is a cobbler by trade in real life, has a sewing machine and leather working tools on the work bench beside him all day! I am sure he will give you a leather breastplate template.

DraZuul Barra Giveth praise for this remark!
  8. Delgado Montoya

I could stand there in my shop looking bored or i can do something and raise peoples interest. Have had so much interest in larping from the general public because i am working on a piece of armour or stitching up a tabbard.

9. DraZuul Barra

That's fantastic, any of them joining you? If it is your business, put a poster up and get some flyers to hand out

10. Delgado Montoya

Have been thinking about editing together a short movie and putting it on a little dvd player on repeat somewhere on display with a selection of gear. Should be able to get a good stock of footage from our first true outing next weekend.

11. DraZuul Barra

You do know you will have to post it here or on your facebook page too?

12. DraZuul Barra

What about a pattern for leather breast plate that doesnt go past the waist? I've struggled to find one for a while now

13. Delgado Montoya

Got some friends in the industry so will be edited as sweet as can be then posted everywhere i can.

14. Delgado Montoya

Depending on what types of patterns you are looking for, one can always adjust to size. Have been doing this for a while so i kind of take for granted some of the things i do automatically, but have always found that using cardboard boxes from a recycling bin as a great material to use for pattern making. Nothing compares to custom made and fitted armour!

Darien Shadeweaver Giveth praise for this remark!
  15. Darien Shadeweaver

Darien Shadeweaver Human Rogue Myths & Legends

Yep also been hard at work learning heaps about sewing and making stuff cheaply, Aiming to have 15 tabards for the club by next weekend. 5 in blue and gold for the town guard uniform. 5 black and red, 5 green and white tabards will make up the sum for npc use.

[​IMG]

DraZuul Barra and Delgado Montoya giveth praise for this remark!
  16. DraZuul Barra

I do like the idea of tabards for npc/monsters. Makes a clear difference between them and players.

17. Delgado Montoya

We don't have a large number of players yet so it is good for us to be able to switch costumes for when we back up as NPC's. A simple cheap tabbard thrown over the top of your normal outfit can completely change the look of your character.

18. DraZuul Barra

I shall let our resident seamstress (@Zalithe Mal) know about this idea and hopefully it will be met with enthusiasm

19. Zalithe Mal

Zalithe Mal Beast Warrior Myths & Legends

Tabards are a great idea, also another way to make a pattern for yourself is to wrap yourself in clingwrap and then duct tape or masking tape and draw the pattern on yourself (or get a friend to help) then you just cut yourself out and just need to add seam allowances to the pieces. @DraZuul Barra on the weekend we could make you a pattern that way if you would like?

20. DraZuul Barra

I would love to wrap you in cling wrap

Delgado Montoya Giveth praise for this remark!
  21. Evzenia Radovek

Evzenia Radovek Paladin of Lies Myths & Legends

Those tabards look really cool. Another option for quick changes could be masks? They mess with peripheral vision but hey ... that allows another form of strategy.

22. DraZuul Barra

Trust me, you will need peripheral vision when fighting more than one on one

23. Wulfric Hrolfsson

Wulfric Hrolfsson LarpCraft of Tea Tree Gully Host - Human Barbarian LarpCraft Host '17 Donor Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Elder

Even then, people get easily surrounded...

Quientin Angelus and DraZuul Barra giveth praise for this remark!
  24. Evzenia Radovek

Evzenia Radovek Paladin of Lies Myths & Legends

Just give them ALL the hit points!

Village Crier