1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Evangelin Grimsdottar Joins Larpcraft!

Discussion in 'New Player Welcomes' started by Evangelin Grimsdottar, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Evangelin Grimsdottar

Evangelin Grimsdottar Myths & Legends

Evangelin Grimsdottar has joined the LarpCraft Game Systems!

New Character Checklist -
    Join Your Local Chapter Communities & Events - https://larpcraft.com/Chapters/
    Add a profile picture for starter XP
    Sign the online waiver - https://larpcraft.com/Waiver/

2. Evangelin Grimsdottar

New here.
    From Norway.
    How do you gather people to join larp?

3. Artenen Aeolus

Artenen Aeolus Paladin | Captain of the Magna Navis Lore Master LarpCraft Host '17 Donor Myths & Legends Mythical | Legendary | Epic Member 2017 Waivers Blogger Elder Host Vault House of the Iron Ring Lifetime Award Mapped

We had a chapter in Norway once! It's easy to make some events on popular social media platforms and get a few folks for some fun.

4. Artenen Aeolus

Artenen Aeolus Paladin | Captain of the Magna Navis Lore Master LarpCraft Host '17 Donor Myths & Legends Mythical | Legendary | Epic Member 2017 Waivers Blogger Elder Host Vault House of the Iron Ring Lifetime Award Mapped

Bernur Matthildrson is from Sweden. Bernur, who was our Norway host? I can't remember his name...

5. Evangelin Grimsdottar

Thank you for fast reply lord Aeolus.
    So you sugest like : hi people, would you like to join me on live action roll play? We make a history and sees how it goes..
    Or more:
    Hi, since we are so few, want to join fight each other with scum swords?

I am really sorry if this is like way off what I intend to say, but I have no ide how to say it.

I have driven with cosplay well... almost ten years, but are bored with only showing off my cosplay and nothing more. Especially that people don't act at all at cons for most of the time....

Any suggestions?

6. Artenen Aeolus

Sure no prob! From cosplay stuff like... Take your cosplay to the next level and BE your character! Tired of the cos without the play? Try LARP and bring the adventure to life!

When we started, we knew we were small so I didn't even say stuff like "want to start a larp" or "local ___ starting a larp game" and don't ask questions of a audience you don't have either. Just start making story and posting awesome parts in the event. Assume nobody will show but write as if 20-40 people are coming. People are really good at sensing insecurity within an event and online so toss together some campaigns, practice some questing, spar and do battle practice... stuff like that. Make sure you plan an event at least 2 weeks before you hold something. Give people time to see it and google time to thread it. 3 to 4 weeks is even better then write a little bit more about the event, toss out a teaser, post pictures of the location with some quest items on the ground... stuff to get people thinking. When people read events, it's meh... when people read a story, they begin to imagine what their reading.

Heck we even made crappy promo videos because people don't read...

7. Ralik Ravenwolf

Ralik Ravenwolf Human warrior Akuma Forest Host Natus Gryphe LarpCraft Host Transferred Character Myths & Legends Mythical | Legendary | Epic Member 2017 Waivers Elder

8. Frey Toron

Frey Toron Ranger Past Contributor Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers 2017 Legendary Membership

Welcome to the realms. Hope you have a lot of luck getting a group going.

9. Ralik Ravenwolf

Ralik Ravenwolf Human warrior Akuma Forest Host Natus Gryphe LarpCraft Host Transferred Character Myths & Legends Mythical | Legendary | Epic Member 2017 Waivers Elder

10. Bernur Matthildrson

Bernur Matthildrson Nordbergets LarpCraft of Sweden Myths & Legends

Welcome , and were in Norway are you located?

Artenen Aeolus Giveth praise for this remark!

Village Crier