1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Averen Colony Roleplay Scroll

Discussion in 'LarpCraft of St. Louis, MO USA' started by Ufnar Kargaroth, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Raashar Black-Hammer

Raashar Black-Hammer Orc Barbarian Myths & Legends

*He'd then rush forward to the beast and jump into the air as it did also grabbing it by it's might jaws a loud clash would be heard through out the forrest, and even in Ufnars campsite, as Raashar and the beast began to tussle Raashar whipped his leg around and got onto it's back, squeezing tightly upon the beasts windpipe it started to struggle underneath the Orc, he'd roar at the beast and spin snapping it's neck as he fell onto his back and it's lifeless body rolled along the terra, he'd then kick his feet up and flip himself to a stand, snarling underneath his breath he walked away from the beast as Ufnar and Gordax came into the clearing*

2. i agree why not see who is the best ufnar?

3. Ufnar Kargaroth

Ufnar Kargaroth Orc Warrior/Hunter Transferred Character Myths & Legends

OOC: Ok. I'm gonna stop this here. We will restart this in a few, but I want to make sure everyone understands what is going on. This thread is running essentially like one of our Forum Roleplays in the Harloria section. There are certain rules that need to be adhered to, ESPECIALLY as we are beginning to incorporate combat. So that this is done as smoothly as possible, please read the following: http://scrolls.larpcraft.com/index.php?threads/bylaws-of-harloria.4283

I am serving as Host (hence the occasional plot info in ITALICS). I will mediate the combat, etc. as if it were an actually campaign for Harloria. This allows us to not only practice being in-character, but also incorporates much of the abilities, etc. that your LarpCraft character could use in a larp event.

Things I want you to pay attention to:

-Other people's posts. If someone says "I'm on the eastern edge of the forest", you should not make a post describing them as being with you or near you if you have been described as being much further away previously.
    -When it comes to stating an action (such as attacking something), state the intent but not the outcome. I know I did just the opposite a few times, but I want to make sure we are doing this going forward.
    Example: *Charges the dragon and swings his axe at the bests leg*

Now I would await the Host's response:
    Ufnar's attack catches the beast's upper thigh, but it is a glancing wound. The dragon whips it's head around and snaps his jaws shut just above the orc's head.
    Now I would give everyone else a chance to respond. If no one does after about 10 min, then it is ok for me to go again.​
    -If you post something that is no longer relevant, delete it and make a new post. Keep the story consistant!

4. Ufnar Kargaroth

As Raashar steps down from the great lizard, Ufnar and Frushkul arrive. Upon seeing the dragon dead, Ufnar bellows in rage and draws his blade. He begins to move towards Raashar, but Fruskul puts his hand on his Khan's chest. With a silent shake of his head, Frushkul calms Ufnar. Rather than attack the orc, Ufnar picks up a large broken branch, hurls it at the dragon, bellows once more, and disappears back into the forest.

5. Futaba Ohmsford

Futaba Ohmsford The Seekers The Fated Guild Transferred Character Myths & Legends

*Walking threw the forest and hears dragons roar and a orc howl*
    "Sounds like trouble is coming my way" *He thinks to himself*
    *Grabs a hand on his sword to ready it and increases his pace towards the noise*

6. Drazi Ohmsford

Drazi Ohmsford Human Cleric of Light The Fated Guild Myths & Legends

*The night was still on this moons rise. Rustling in the forest caught this ones attention, as she saw someone familiar to her dash by.*

"Futaba... I wonder where he's off to in such a hurry..." this one silently spoke to herself.

*The night was fresh and the darkness was rising, so she decided to catch up to Futaba.*

7. Futaba Ohmsford

Futaba Ohmsford The Seekers The Fated Guild Transferred Character Myths & Legends

*Hears a noise from behind and spins around to ready for a attack.*
    *Notices it is Drazi and eases his body a little*
    "Running up on someone like that can get you killed you know"

8. Drazi Ohmsford

*Slows my pace as I see Futaba was ready for a fight... not the best of signs.*

"Apologies. Is there something wrong?" she quietly said.

9. Futaba Ohmsford

"did you not hear that dragon or the sound of orcs?"
    *I point towards the north where i think the sound came from*
    "Neither one sounded happy"

10. Drazi Ohmsford

"Indeed I did. I advise we move with caution if we are to go further. Neither one of those creatures are fond of our kind."

11. Futaba Ohmsford

"then let us go"
    *Starts running threw the forest towards the north*

12. *stops as he exits the forest near the dragon that has fallen*
    How dare you orc come into my lands! the lands of my ancestors!" i waist now a breath on you"
    *walks back into the forest towards the broken camp*

13. Gordrax Kargaroth

Gordrax Kargaroth Orc Barbarian Veradras Colony Chief Transferred Character Myths & Legends

*Arrives at the distant edge if the wood as a feint cry of a dragon can be heard in the distance*
    "Mmm, somebody kill kulkodar... Must be brother since this his land. If not something not have head soon for killing prey. Good thing it only baby kulkodar..... *Grins mischievously* Gordrax take teeth and bones for weapons and armor if it not brother's kill"
    *Catches breath and continues into the wooded lands of Averen*

14. Frey Hallothon

Frey Hallothon Revenant of The Fated The Fated Guild Transferred Character Myths & Legends

*walks into the clearing and stares at the fallen dragon*

"A mighty feat to slay a dragon single handedly"

*walks closer to the dragon and looks at its tongue hanging out of the side of its mouth..*

"I bet that would make a good steak" he says to himself

*he reaches to his side, unsheathes a dagger and cuts out the dragons tongue, taking a few teeth with him as well and begins walking back towards camp*

15. Futaba Ohmsford

*arrives at the clearing and sees the slain dragon*
    "Well That explains alot"
    *walks closer to inspect the dragon*

16. Drazi Ohmsford

*The wind rustled in the trees, warning of danger...*

"Was there anyone who was with you?" Drazi asks Futaba with a worried tone.

17. arrives back at camp picking up his bedroll and preparing to depart to the south towards the elven stronghold*
    *begins to eat some dried bread that was left inside his pack for a quick meal*
    "well this should hold me over i think i may sit for a bit before departing back to my brothers"

18. Raashar Black-Hammer

Raashar Black-Hammer Orc Barbarian Myths & Legends

*His eyes dart to Ufnar then to the Frushkul as he'd halt the Orc Ufnar from slaying him, a nod came from the male Raashar to the male Frushkul, not going to camp he'd hike up the side of the mountain overlooking the dragon he had slain with his bare hands, his eye twitching slightly as he sighed, thinking quietly to himself*

19. Futaba Ohmsford

"Looks like there is nothing to do here then"
    *walks back into the forest to see where it might take him to next*

20. Gordrax Kargaroth

Gordrax Kargaroth Orc Barbarian Veradras Colony Chief Transferred Character Myths & Legends

*sniffs air* Shara.... and golub... Fresh meat...
    *Continues towards the smell of the dragon carcass as the bones are useful for many things, and why let a good dragon go to waste.* "Gordrax hunt down other smells after finding brother Ufnar and getting permission hunt on lands."

21. Futaba Ohmsford

*admires the calmness of the forest and the sounds of the birds*
    *"I know i heard a orc tho i should keep a eye out" He thinks to himself*

OOC: I hope I'm formatting this right

Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  22. *stands up from his resting*
    "i Know my brother was here i feel his presence lingering.."
    *walks back north a bit through the woods*
    *whistles a tad note under his breath one that he has matched to his brother as a signaling call*
    "now i wait"

23. Futaba Ohmsford

*a whistle came from somewhere in the distance, an old signal his brother used to use when they were out hunting in their homeland woods. I started to head towards where I think the whistle came from*
    "I hope this is the right way"
    *The calmness of the forest was a pleasant walk, whether it was the right way or not, as I sighed to myself.*

24. *releases one more low whistle*
    "okay now to wait it out in this tree for cover im sure Futaba will be here soon"
    *climbs tree and waits*

25. Futaba Ohmsford

*looks down at his feet*
    "Looks like there are some tracks here. Wish Brathnik was here.I was always very bad at tracking"
    *Inspects Tracks closely*

26. *drops down from the tree just above Futaba and gives him a smirk*
    *puts hand on shoulder*
    "ah brother its been to long! Im glad to see you. seems the has been some troubles in the forest."

27. Futaba Ohmsford

*Looks at his brother shocked for a moment then smiles*
    "So long I almost forgot that tune. I have yet to see anything really troubling the dragon i heard is dead"

28. *walks and rests against the tree nearest to him*
    "Ah you missed the hordes of undead that were here not to long ago brother what a battle."
    "where are you headed that sent you here"

29. Drazi Ohmsford

*This one roused from her sleep in a tree, close to where the dragon had been slain. She had taken good measure to not be seen as she climbed down from the tree, as she heard voices... friend or foe, she did not know.*

30. Gordrax Kargaroth

*Hums tribal nonsense to himself while cutting into dragon flesh*
    "This kulkodar have much good meat! Gordrax make fire to cook, brother sure to smell and come back..
    *Grins wickedly while slipping a a few more bones into his already stuffed pouch. Sniffing air, he smells a human of the wood nearby.*
    "Mmmm... shara close too. It smell young... Good for eating. "
    *Pulls out a pair of black rocks, and after reaching into the dragon's throat and pulling out a gland sparks the rocks together. Suddenly, the gland ignites and begins burning brightly! Quickly dragging brush from around him to the blazing gland he gets a very large fire started.*
    "Gordrax must cook soon or meat go bad!! Dis waste and dishonor.. Maybe brother not kill kulkodar... No matter, still make good jerky!"
    *After puzzling about why the dragon was left, goes back to stripping flesh and hanging it from branches near the fire to dry out. After getting a good bit of meat hung, Gordrax cuts into the large legs and runs a branch through each, making sure to hang them over his fire and get them cooking.*

31. Ufnar Kargaroth

*3 bone daggers fly from the brush, embedding in the stump Gordax sits on*

32. Gordrax Kargaroth

*Continues tending to meat, ignoring daggers.* "You try kill me again brother? No honor in sneaky kill.. Why dis kulkodar dead in your lands and you not kill? Brother never let kill go to waste like dis! You got too many shara or golub here? No matter... Sit!! Kulkodar almost done! What new in lands. You tell new of new Koth'Mor!!! What dis uruk look like? He hunt in lands too?

33. Ufnar Kargaroth

*Emerges from brush and goes to embrace Gordrax*

"Kill you? Bah! You know dagger would have hit head, not stump if that was what I try do."

*Looks at dragon, then at Gordrax*

"Not my kill. Black-skin orc not see before kill it before Ufnar get here. I go to kill him for taking my kill, but Frushkul stop me. New uruk is young and untrained, and not worthy of me killing. It pure luck he kill kulkodar and not get eaten. No honor gained from killing unblooded..."

34. Gordrax Kargaroth

*embraces right arms with Ufnar and slams right shoulders together*
    "You lot quieter than used to be, but still smell same. Kulkodar here only young. Not full grown. Black skin kill this.. mmm not all black skins coward afterall. No honor in kill unblood very true. Good thing of all dis, Gordrax here and cooking kulkodar on da bone!! Legs is nearly done, and jerky all around!!! Feast brother! What news here? Any honor killing close by?

35. Ufnar Kargaroth

*nods at Gordrax's comments*

"Spirits still tear at head... lot happen since last see you in Eskar-woods. Not talk much, but never stop thinking... Not even sleep anymore. Between spirits and ancestors, I not get any peace..."

*Walks over meat on spit and sniffs*

"Been long time since eat kulkodar..." he says with a wicked grin

36. Ufnar Kargaroth

*tears off chunk of dragon meat, sits and starts eating*

"You ask of new Koth'mor? Bah! On journey back to Averen-lands from Eskar-woods, ancestors tell me I have to kill grey-uruk chief if want truly save our tribe. Ancestors say years of coward-chiefs erase all warrior spirit from them, and they not follow any of the ancient traditions. Ancestors say they are lost and need be taught what it mean be uruk... Ancestors say Urukgrish may die with Gordrax and Ufnar, but traditions can last forever!"

*stops to take another bite*

"This really good brother..."

*takes another bite*

"You know elders always tell us listen to ancestors. Ignoring them bring great dishonor and death upon you... So I do as they say. I kill chief and declare myself new leader! Some flee when they see me remove his head, and some challenge, but I cut all challengers down. I not chase after cowards that flee though... Beasts of forest will take care of them..."

*takes another bite*

"Once I cut down challengers, rest of tribe fall in line. Grey-orcs may have lost way, but they not all cowards like old chief. I give them many trials to test their hearts and skills... it seem hunters spirit has been below surface all along. They do very well, and adapt very quickly. They make me very proud... There still much work to do yet, but soon Black Claw shall rise again brother!"

*stops talking and focuses on eating*

Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  37. Gordrax Kargaroth

*Taking in his brother's words, he realizes the immense longing for the days before the Koth'Mor were eradicated*
    "Gordrax hope brother can chase pesky spirits out of head. Sleep make strong warrior! Esker-woods not good for voice of ancestors, Gordrax no hear them there either. Now they speak funny words and Gordrax no understand somedays. You hear new future stories? They keep whisper "female" to Gordrax, but cannot make out rest of talk"
    * Pulls meaty chunk from spit and takes a bite*
    "Dis kulkodar very sweet meat! Gordrax think maybe we find nest where dis cub come from.. It good brother, you claim head of spoiled uruk king. He strip honor from uruk name.
    *looks at young dragoon remains*
    That kulkodar nest be good way to blood Frushkul if you think ready..
    *sniffs air again*
    "Why there so many shara and golub in land? Gordrax smell dead man too. Woods stink of them. Gordrax must be used to being alone in Veradras lands. Fae-rys Aislynn go back to people in different world. Say she come get Gordrax if need.
    *tears into dragon somewhat animal like*
    "Gordrax have confess... I not tell to not upset brother, but Gordrax remember seeing some of Uruk-Grish elders sell cubs to stinking golubs just before big war. Me not know then what they do but Gordrax figure out and think they get fat on golub spoils and avoid war by betray us. What brother think of dis? It not seem important then but we reclaim honor if hunt those betrayers!!"
    *sinks teeth into meat again*
    " What news of Frey and Revlahvlahvlah? They up in these lands? Gordrax think he smell Frey on way here but not sure.

38. Ufnar Kargaroth

*finishes meat and grabs another chunk. Takes two big bites*

"Ha ha ha... Dark Forest not like wastelands brother. There much life and many creatures roam these lands. Golub have own lands northwest of here, and have built strong tribe there. They stay out of uruk forest and keep to own woods, but sometimes me see them wandering about. This land very wild, and much not explored... but land is very old. I can feel spirits of old kingdom everywhere... great shara empire once stand here, but it die out long, long time ago. Dead-walkers come from time to time, but they just pests like little yap-hounds..."

*takes a couple more bites*

"Frushkul already prove himself. He aid me in taking over tribe... He become good Hunter, and now serve as right hand."

*finishes eating, wipes hands on warskirt, then turns and looks at Gordrax*

"Ufnar must confess too... I know about cubs for long time now. I find one almost 10 winters ago on journey east. He serve as slave in bandit camp, barely 15 winters old... He very thin from not eat, and many scars on his back. I free him and together we kill bandits, but he get wounded during fight. We traveled together for 3 days, and he tell me what happened so long ago... then he succumb to wounds and join ancestors. I build great pyre and give him proper funeral... I become very angry and begin attacking all shara I see! Then I meet Se-fur-us and he bring me here to Averen-lands..."

*pauses with a look of sadness on his face and stares into the fire. Then shakes his head and continues*

"It odd you say ancestors tell you of female... I not sleep, but I get dreams sometimes... I see young Urukgrish female wandering wastelands alone. She wounded and very sick. I see dark cloud follows her, and tall, pale figure with black cloak and yellow hair hunting her... but I not know what it means. Who is Frey and Ravlahvlah?"

39. Gordrax Kargaroth

*picks at teeth with dragon fang*
    "Frey and Revlahvlahah are sneaky rogue with honor and elemental magic female that help Gordrax in Eskerwood. No matter. You say black coat follow dis female??!?! He very stubborn.. No threat to uruks though, but Gordrax wonder what his purpose. Gordrax can to head to wastes and find female, teach her ways. We have to break her of golub filth teachings. What if she magic? Female may have magic in blood.. Channel elements!"
    *looks around at woods in all directions*
    "Forest just got quiet.... Something close"
    *draws knife from chest sheath*

40. *kalina enters under the canopy of trees, into the dark forest. In search of her husband, and his brother futaba whom she knows brathnik has been searching for.*

"ahh finally, i'm getting closer to my beloved husband" she said out loud.

*It's been so long since she has last seen him that she can hardly remember when it was. Brathnik had left their homeland in the north months earlier to scout out a new land for them to settle in. Kalina had to stay behind to take care of their personal matters, packing up their home and selling what belongings they couldn't bring with on the journey. Now that all matters had finally been settled, she set out on her journey and had been traveling for a few weeks. Brathnik had sent her a message by falcon to meet in the dark forest by the ruined cave, and that is where she is headed now. Having just reached the dark forest, she is traveling happily on her way, blissful with thoughts of being reunited with her husband. *

"I wonder how far away Brathnik is now" she said to herself "maybe he'll be able to hear me if i use our signal"

*she gave a low whistle, and waited for a response as she continued to follow the path through the forest*

Village Crier