1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Averen Colony Community Scroll

Discussion in 'LarpCraft of St. Louis, MO USA' started by Ufnar Kargaroth, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Servus Servum

Servus Servum Myths & Legends

2. Torrin Blades

Torrin Blades Human Mercenary LarpCraft of St Louis Host Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Dragon Legion Guild

Okay guys, practice will start at 9 am @ dusable park.

3. Servus Servum

Is there practice Saturday

4. Brigid Sieghart

Brigid Sieghart Ex Valkyrie. Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers

There is weekly practice EVERY Saturday. Typically starts at noon at dusable however I believe we are starting at 9 from now on at dusable.

Artenen Aeolus and Ufnar Kargaroth giveth praise for this remark!
  5. Servus Servum

I just thought because it labor day weekend sorry

6. Brigid Sieghart

No worries! It was a valid concern. Maybe we can even strong arm, err politely suggest.. That we do something Monday, ya never know!

Mordekai Fox and Servus Servum giveth praise for this remark!
  7. Ufnar Kargaroth

Ufnar Kargaroth Orc Warrior/Hunter Transferred Character Myths & Legends

Just want to give everyone an update on a few things...

As you all know by now, I've had a bit of a family dilemma surrounding my dad's health. As the final day draws nearer, I'm trying to spend as much time as i can with him. What this means for you guys:

I will be alternating my weekends between being here and KY. On the weekends I'm here i will be heading up the Saturday practices, Dusable @ 9am. On the weekends I'm not, Torrin or Brigid (standing in for Sully due to school) will be heading them up, but they won't begin until 11 am (still at Dusable though). I will post each one as its own event here, on FB, and in the community, so you guys know the start times.

It also means my processing time for these practices may be delayed. I have records, and you WILL get your xp, it just may take a bit longer than normal (and i apologize ahead of time for this).

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to hit me up. Thank you for your thoughts and patience.

Brigid Sieghart, Imend Beaudelaire and Mishka Stormclaw Giveth praise for this remark!
  8. Ufnar Kargaroth

Hello everyone! Been a while since we've updated you. The elder team had a meeting this weekend, and discussed our plans for the upcoming months.

It is with a heavy heart that we have decided to cancel this year's All Hallows event. Due to major life events and a very busy schedule on all parts, the elder team is unable to prep the game site or even man the event. We feel you all deserve a quality event, and we do not feel we can deliver that under the current circumstances in the time we have left.

However, there is light in the darkness! We are continuing our season into the winter this year. We will continue to hold practices for as long as the weather holds out (and maybe a few snow games too!) In addition, we are looking to reform our practices into mini-events. Coins, mats, plot, the whole shebang! We also plan to attempt a couple full-day events this winter, however we will not be holding any more camp out events until the spring.

Thank you all for sticking with us during these rough patches, and we look forward to seeing you all soon!

Aximili Ohmsford, Gwendolyn Scott, Brigid Sieghart and 4 others Giveth praise for this remark!
  9. Book

Book LarpCraft of Springfield Host - Human Bard '17 Donor Past Contributor Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Name of the Gods

I know it's a rough time right now. If there's anything we can do to help, do not hesitate to ask.

LarpCraft of Paris and Mishka Stormclaw giveth praise for this remark!
  10. Nightbreeze Dragonhowl

Nightbreeze Dragonhowl Elf Rogue Myths & Legends Dragon Legion Guild

That's good to hear my friend but I have to say....I think I felt a piece of my soul just died

11. Robillard Stormcaller

Robillard Stormcaller High Priest of Lolth The Seekers The Fated Guild Transferred Character Myths & Legends

12. Frey Hallothon

Frey Hallothon Revenant of The Fated The Fated Guild Transferred Character Myths & Legends

Just letting everyone know we're having a crafting session tomorrow evening for the upcoming event. We're meeting at our place around 5 pm if anyone is interested in coming over. We'll just hang out a bit/craft and might get some pizzas if anyone is hungry.

Kuba Ohmsford Giveth praise for this remark!
  13. Sully Little

Sully Little Speaker to the Spirits Myths & Legends

Wish I could have been there, and hope you all got a lot done!

14. Renee Kyler

Renee Kyler ♪Total slaughter, total slaughter.♪ Myths & Legends

So... I'm stuck at the Jefferson Barracks VA till the 2nd of November.

If anyone, please Gods someone, wants to visit me and discuss characters, LARP, or life in general then please PM me your first and last name. They ID on entry and I have to add you to the allowed visitor list.

No, I'm not on the psych ward. I actually have free run of the campus and the DFAC (Canteen as they call it) has decent chow and a nice little shopette (Tax free.)

So if you're not comfy sharing your name, we can meet anywhere on campus instead of here at the barrack.

Visiting hours are as follows:
    Mon-Fri 1630-2100 (430pm-9pm)
    Sat-Sun 0900-2100 (9am-9pm)

Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  15. Ufnar Kargaroth

We finally have our listings up in the LarpCraft Community site!

Be sure to join our group page: http://www.larpcraft.com/…/larpc…/groups/item/81-averen.html

Also, for those who have traveled to Averen, please review our game sites! The reviews are worth a ton of XP!

The Dark Forest Realm: http://www.larpcraft.com/component/...yths-locations/246-the-dark-forest-realm.html

Ruins of Kali Outpost (Dusable Park): http://www.larpcraft.com/component/...yths-locations/247-ruins-of-kali-outpost.html

Mordekai Fox and Artenen Aeolus giveth praise for this remark!
  16. Kuba Ohmsford

Kuba Ohmsford The Seekers The Fated Guild Transferred Character Myths & Legends

Just a heads up for anyone that is in the St.Louis area that is unaware of the landfill fire and possible evacuation of surrounding areas some time in the next 6 months

Mishka Stormclaw Giveth praise for this remark!
  17. Renee Kyler

Renee Kyler ♪Total slaughter, total slaughter.♪ Myths & Legends

So I'm out of the hospital! Have been for about a week and a half now.

18. Aximili Ohmsford

Aximili Ohmsford Holy Cleric Of The Fated The Fated Guild Myths & Legends

idk who you are. but im glad your not in the hospital. it always sucks to be at those.

19. Aximili Ohmsford

Aximili Ohmsford Holy Cleric Of The Fated The Fated Guild Myths & Legends

Anyone up for a early practice saturday? i gotta work at 1pm. so id have to leave by 12:30. i can meet up around 9-10 am if anyone else is willing

20. Ufnar Kargaroth

Happy to hear it!

21. Torrin Blades

Torrin Blades Human Mercenary LarpCraft of St Louis Host Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Dragon Legion Guild

Aximili I will be there, but I won't be there until 10 a.m.

22. Brigid Sieghart

Running late I'll be at practice in about 45 minutes!

23. Ufnar Kargaroth

Attention everyone: practice is canceled today due to weather. Hopefully next weekend is better.

24. Torrin Blades

Practice tomorrow 11-3 @ dusable park

Artenen Aeolus and Sully Little giveth praise for this remark!
  25. Sully Little

Sully Little Speaker to the Spirits Myths & Legends

It's unseasonably warm out - is anyone meeting today for practice? If not, does anyone want to make the journey down to Meadowmere?

26. Torrin Blades

I am unable to go, babysitting this weekend

27. Torrin Blades

Practice this Saturday at dusable park in Saint Charles mo. 11-3

28. Servus Servum

Is practice at 9 or 11 this weekend we are going to try to make it out

29. Torrin Blades

Practice is at 11

30. Daechir Mizzrym

Daechir Mizzrym from life to dust to life once more Myths & Legends

Who's going there today?

31. Torrin Blades

For those whom Didn't check the book of faces, there it's practice Saturday from 11-2

32. Torrin Blades

Practice this Saturday from 11-2 if the weather will work with us

Nicolo Fausto Giveth praise for this remark!
  33. Nicolo Fausto

Nicolo Fausto The Imperium Myths & Legends

Looking forward to finally coming out to the practice.

34. Nicolo Fausto

Nicolo Fausto The Imperium Myths & Legends

I really enjoyed going to last weekend's Practice. Hope to meet more of ye all!

35. Ufnar Kargaroth

Due to safety concerns with the high heat index, practice today is canceled. Be safe out there, and we'll see you all in 2 weeks.

36. Grim Dragonhowl

Grim Dragonhowl For the glory of Hevis! Myths & Legends Dragon Legion Guild

I hope to see you all this weekend at the ren faire. just as a reminder the faire will ask people to have their weapons peace tied to their sheaths which is oddly including foam weapons. might I suggest if people come to faire to use it as a character building exercise, try to stay in character while at the faire... it's great practice for an event as well as help build a backstory for their character.

37. Drake Grim

Drake Grim Warrior Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers

Can I bring my gopro to record for my youtube channel

38. Grim Dragonhowl

Drake Grim if you wish to find me I'll be at the dead parrot, in the legion surcoat black with a gold dragon on the front.

39. Drake Grim

Drake Grim Warrior Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers

i shall see you there

40. Grim Dragonhowl

Earlier this month I went to battle practice and found to be the only one to show. I found myself to be saddened by this as well as the elder that was there. I understand the difficulty in having a life and doing larp, I'm a husband and father to two children and is still learning to have a balance there. I know there is a way to have that balance, I have seen many before us do it and there will be many more after we turn to dust. I also understand that there are many of us waiting for an event, not a battle practice but a full game. I have worked along side of the elders for a few years now and have seen that a full game is a costly endeavor, most of which our gracious elders pay out of their own pockets. I guess what I'm trying to get at is a plea to the other Averen Players to start coming back to practice.

Village Crier