1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Averen Colony Community Scroll

Discussion in 'LarpCraft of St. Louis, MO USA' started by Ufnar Kargaroth, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Ufnar Kargaroth

Ufnar Kargaroth Orc Warrior/Hunter Transferred Character Myths & Legends

At the request of one of our players, I am adding this scroll to get some general dialogue going between us! Please, feel free to join in, introduce yourselves to each other, or just shoot the breeze! Just make sure your posts are more than just one or two words, as it does give you XP per post... I will delete the posts of anyone not sticking to this one request...

2. Grim Dragonhowl

Grim Dragonhowl For the glory of Hevis! Myths & Legends Dragon Legion Guild

I guess I'll help kick this thread off.

Hello everyone, The Name's Grim Dragonhowl (OOC the name's Jason) and I am a Human Ranger.
    I live in the Kahamar outpost of the Averen colony (OOC Warrenton, MO). Me and my brother, Nightbreeze are excited for the first games to start and are hoping to help in any way.

I have spent time working for blacksmiths and also learned to design armor as well as weapons. I grew up in Ren Faire family, that was a little strapped for cash, so I learned how to make all of the Armor on a budget. Currently I volunteer for a group called the Outlanders for the St. Louis Ren Faire. If you come to the Faire look for me at The Dead Parrot Pub. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask at anytime.

3. Ufnar Kargaroth

Lol, well of course I have questions... but they can wait until after we test your mettle at the end of a blade! lol

4. Grim Dragonhowl

Now we are talking, That sounds fun.

5. Krambit Daystorm

Krambit Daystorm Human Paladin Realm Unknown Myths & Legends

Hello, My name is Krambit Daystorm (real life Q for short). I have always liked fantasy and games and stuff, and designing Halloween costumes and stuff (usually an armor theme). Never had the chance to do any sort of role playing thing, currently busy in school and have wife and son and job, and not much close by. Maybe in the summer when college lets out I will recruit a couple friends and see if they wanna fight, Larpcraft style.
    In the meantime, I like planning out costumes and character development. Gathering knowledge and resources for when I can move on further with everything, that sort of thing. I am on the forums a lot because I am trying to soak it all in before I get a chance to try it. Also trying to be a resource where I can. yup.

6. Ufnar Kargaroth

Greetings Krambit! I believe I've asked this before, but from where do you hail?

7. Krambit Daystorm

Greetings, Sepherus Gunne, I hail from Washington State, a couple hours North of Seattle.

8. Frey Hallothon

Frey Hallothon Revenant of The Fated The Fated Guild Transferred Character Myths & Legends

I plan on going to the faire this year. In case I don't see you you before, and I seek you at the the pub, do you go by Grim there?

9. Grim Dragonhowl

Lord Edwards since my father passed, or you can call me thief.

10. Destin Violson

Destin Violson Human Bard of Averen Colony Myths & Legends

Hail, friends. I am Destin Violson, a penniless vagabond from lands far to the North. Although I come from warrior blood, I am a simple skald - a minstrel and messenger - both a fortune and tale-teller. I have recently wandered into these realms, and hope to find fame, fortune, and friends in the colony of Averen.

OOC, my name's Darryl. I'm completely new to the LARPing world, but I've always wanted to give it a try. I'll be working on a simple costume and weapon or two, and hopefully make it out to a real event!

Drazi Ohmsford and Ufnar Kargaroth giveth praise for this remark!
  11. Ufnar Kargaroth

We're happy to have you! We have a variety of loaner weapons available for you to use at practices and events, so you do not need to worry about making them (at least not till we show you how to do so safely!) Please check out our facebook page www.facebook.com/molarping and give us a like!

12. Frey Hallothon

Frey Hallothon Revenant of The Fated The Fated Guild Transferred Character Myths & Legends

It's great to have you. I look forward to sharing a tale or two around the fire with you.

13. Krambit Daystorm

oops, sorry, I didn't realize earlier that this was for a specific colony, sorry to intrude,
    >quietly blushes and ducks out the door<

Gregory Hornraven Giveth praise for this remark!
  14. Grim Dragonhowl

Greetings Destin, welcome to Averen.

15. Torrin Blades

Torrin Blades Human Mercenary LarpCraft of St Louis Host Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Dragon Legion Guild

Hail and welcome friend

16. Torrin Blades

Torrin Blades Human Mercenary LarpCraft of St Louis Host Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Dragon Legion Guild

It's all fun and games until some one takes an arrow to the knee.

17. Grim Dragonhowl

I would still be laughing, Torrin.

Torrin Blades Giveth praise for this remark!
  18. Torrin Blades

It truly is funny Grim, until it happens to one of us, who have trained with a bow.

19. Grim Dragonhowl

True, very true.

20. Torrin Blades

But thankfully we are Rangers

21. Grim Dragonhowl

Rangers lead the way!

22. Torrin Blades

First in and last out

23. Ufnar Kargaroth

Go Go Power Rangers! (doo doo doo doo doo)... Lol

Mishka Stormclaw Giveth praise for this remark!
  24. Torrin Blades

We are powerful thank you Seph

25. Grim Dragonhowl

rangers, rangers everywhere and no more enemies... lol

26. Torrin Blades

cause they can't hit what they can't see

27. Grim Dragonhowl

lol now that's the truth.

28. Torrin Blades

Its because of our blending abilities that people think we are evil magicians

29. Ufnar Kargaroth

Personally, I find your attempts to avoid facing me head on to be both cowardly and dishonorable...

30. Ufnar Kargaroth

Makes me want to make your death very slow and painful...

31. Torrin Blades

How is it dishonorable to Kill from afar? Do you also think that it is dishonorable to sneak and stab someone then run away?

32. Torrin Blades

In case you have forgot Sepherus I have fought you head on countless times.

33. Ufnar Kargaroth

Indeed I do...

34. Ufnar Kargaroth

In a practice duel, sure, but never in true combat...

35. Torrin Blades

Still it does show that Torrin is no coward

36. Ufnar Kargaroth

Or it simply shows foolishness in thinking he can best a true warrior... HRRAAH!!

37. Torrin Blades

That just show's how small a barbarian's brain can be.

38. Frey Hallothon

So the ways of stealth are cowardly? I'll remember that next time I sneak past dozens of armed warriors to get a piece of information we require. Unless you'd rather bust down the gates and get several people killed in the process. Besides, why run away after stabbing someone? You should stay and finish the job.

Kuba Ohmsford Giveth praise for this remark!
  39. Torrin Blades

Frey you aren't the only one trained in the art of stealth.

40. Frey Hallothon

True enough. I'm sure I'm a bit rusty and could use more practice, actually.

Village Crier