1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone From Racine Or Near?

Discussion in 'LarpCraft of Milwaukee, WI USA' started by Panamon Careal, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Panamon Careal

Panamon Careal Human Rogue near Inland Waters Colony Myths & Legends

I am from Racine and If we can get a group together here maybe we can coordinate travelling, car pool. Take events as a group that would be great. My wife use to be involved with my earlier roleplay days, maybe I can get her going again. :)

Artenen Aeolus and Voltain Broras giveth praise for this remark!
  2. Roarian Ashdown

Roarian Ashdown Elf Ranger Myths & Legends

i live in racine

Voltain Broras Giveth praise for this remark!
  3. Panamon Careal

Excellent. Maybe we can coordinate skills and take events together as a group sometime. I have skills with armor and leatherworking from being in the SCA long ago. I had a registered armory called the Black Iron Cross many years ago for the SCA so maybe I can also help out with that type of knowledge if needed.

4. Rog of Bloodmoon

Rog of Bloodmoon Orc Witch Doctor Myths & Legends

i hail from lands near to madison

5. Panamon Careal

Greetings Rog

6. Roarian Ashdown

Roarian Ashdown Elf Ranger Myths & Legends

i actually need to make leather armor cause i just picked up the skill. if i could get help with that that would be amazing

Grimnock Neck Snapper Giveth praise for this remark!
  7. Panamon Careal

Not a problem. I'm going to start stocking up on leather and I'll be working with it again. Winter is a great time to work on this type of stuff. Send me a text at 210-2966 and let me know it's you and we'll talk. I work third shift and I sleep in the morning so if you don't hear from me right away that's why.

8. Grimnock Neck Snapper

Grimnock Neck Snapper Orc Barbarian Myths & Legends

I too am a leatherworker, although I am somewhat new to it. I have made some small (and no the best) Armor sets, such as a pair of Bracers and a set of roman like pauldrons. If you look at one of my albums you can see them. As for the purpose of this thread, I live in Indiana, so Im not really close to you guys.

Roarian Ashdown Giveth praise for this remark!
  9. Panamon Careal

Bummer. Maybe we will meet one day. Hopefully over ale and not that axe your wielding :)

10. Grimnock Neck Snapper

Grimnock Neck Snapper Orc Barbarian Myths & Legends

Yes, well I travel to as many games I can up there, And I Know that I will be up there for any weekend events, and any major 1 day events.

Roarian Ashdown Giveth praise for this remark!
  11. Bucky Gamgee

Bucky Gamgee Elven Ranger LarpCraft Sheboygan Elder Myths & Legends Elder

maybe you can come to the craft events and show us some things because i would like to get better at leather making

Roarian Ashdown and Grimnock Neck Snapper giveth praise for this remark!
  12. Rion Briar

Rion Briar Myths & Legends

im also from racine ^_^ me and Roarian drove up to gan da la har together. we could all have leather making get togethers.

Memoran Reed, Roarian Ashdown and Grimnock Neck Snapper Giveth praise for this remark!
  13. Nicholas Farseer

Nicholas Farseer Human Rogue of Inland Waters Colony Epic Member Myths & Legends

I am in the milwaukee area, so not too far away.

14. Panamon Careal

I would like to do that. Give us a chance to get to know each other and have fun. I'll be making leggings here soon that cover the legs and go over the top of whatever footwear you have so that it looks like your wearing medieval style footwear with the comfort of regular shoes.

15. Panamon Careal

16. Panamon Careal

That's great. So you are close.

17. Panamon Careal

Bucky, I would like to do that. I plan on it.

18. Panamon Careal

Quite a few people close enough for a day trip. We should all get together for training and I don't know, maybe make some gear and share knowledge or something.

Nicholas Farseer Giveth praise for this remark!
  19. Rog of Bloodmoon

well winter is a great crafting time for larp, hopefully i can get my scales soon and start making the armor

Grimnock Neck Snapper Giveth praise for this remark!
  20. Rion Briar

how are sundays for people? We could meet at my house in a month or so if people are interested.

21. Nicholas Farseer

Nicholas Farseer Human Rogue of Inland Waters Colony Epic Member Myths & Legends

saturdays are better but sundays are fine.

22. Panamon Careal

That sounds good and either day for me. You are in Racine so it wouldn't be far from me I'm sure. I'm in west Racine near fire dept. What kind of meeting should we do? Meet and greet, crafting, sword practice?

23. Panamon Careal

If you want to do metal working Rog and if you need those kind of supplies I use to get all my armory supplies from Centaur forge in Burlington. Rivets, sheers for sheet metal work and whatnot. Brass and copper rivets are awesome when polished against metal or leather and looks great, also malleable to work with. I made scalemail once it was alot of cutting and sanding lol. Nothing like a scale suit though.

24. Rion Briar

well with the weather getting chilly we could try for a meet and greet and perhaps talk about crafting. everyone could bring stuff they are working on. I live over by the zoo and Roarian is like two blocks away from my house.

25. Panamon Careal

Sounds like a plan. I'll load up my trunk and just bring whatever, in case we decide to craft or whatever.

26. Rion Briar

Nov 4th sound good? or would the 11th be better for people?

27. Panamon Careal

Either day for me. I'll leave it up to anyone who is coming from the outer reaches.

28. Rog of Bloodmoon

i was thinking about just ordering pre-cut scales from here http://theringlord.com/cart/
    i really like the leaf shaped black scales

29. Panamon Careal

Big time saver! I dread cutting all those scales.

30. Artenen Aeolus

Artenen Aeolus Paladin | Captain of the Magna Navis Lore Master LarpCraft Host '17 Donor Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Blogger Elder Host Vault House of the Iron Ring Lifetime Award Mapped

This is absolutely fabulous and I hope you guys can find a local place to hold games, meetings, practices etc. I know you could pull LOTS of players from Racine. I foresee a new realm in the midst (Ya, I'm an optimist).

Memoran Reed Giveth praise for this remark!
  31. Voltain Broras

Voltain Broras Human Paladin Realm Unknown Myths & Legends

where is racine?

32. Rion Briar

south Wisconsin near the lake and Illinois

Voltain Broras Giveth praise for this remark!
  33. Rion Briar

Artenen can ypu make an event for the meet up. Not for any exp but so people on the faceboom know. I think nov 11th would be the better date. 2pm -7pm. Address 2208 superior st racine, wi 53402. Craft projects welcome. And people should bring $5 to put in for pizza and drinks of they want. Ill have chips and some icecream there already ^_^.

People should be warned I have a cute corgi puppy that seeks to cuddle with ppl.

34. Rion Briar

35. Panamon Careal

I'll be there.

36. Voltain Broras

Voltain Broras Human Paladin Realm Unknown Myths & Legends

oh thank u :) for telling me i had no idea i wasnt good at geography

37. Rion Briar

You realize im now looking at parks about doing this. Lol

Artenen Aeolus and Panamon Careal giveth praise for this remark!
  38. Birna Fathmbjornsdottir

Birna Fathmbjornsdottir Barbarian LarpCraft Sheboygan Elder Natus Gryphe Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Elder Lifetime Award

I realize this is a long dead thread (last post was 2012 and this is 2014), but my husband and I just found out about this LARP after friends ran into members of the Deeplight Colony at Midwinter Con this January. We live in Racine and I was wondering if the group has anything planned upcoming?

39. Rion Briar

Well a bit of a situation has come up. Due to are land connection moving we are currently out of a location to run games. I will be starting battle grounds at a local park (Petrified springs) and looking for a new game location after april 15th. Im a tax preparer so life has been very hectic since December.

40. Birna Fathmbjornsdottir

Birna Fathmbjornsdottir Barbarian LarpCraft Sheboygan Elder Natus Gryphe Myths & Legends 2017 Waivers Elder Lifetime Award

Understandable. (I have to finish our taxes yet for this year. Was still waiting on someone to send me a form. >.<) If there is anything my husband or I can do to help, let us know and we'll do our best to jump in. Being new at this, I'm not sure how much help we'll be though. What sort of space are we in need of to replace the lost connection?

Village Crier